Chics want back in brooder

Heather67

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Merit, Texas
I have a brooder built inside my coop that 7 chics have been in for several months. 3 are big enough to be moved out which I did, but the 4 smaller ones just arent big enough to be out yet. For the last 2 days the 3 i let out just hang in the corner of the coop trying to get back i the brooder. It’s breaking my heart. Should I keep them out? They are fully feathered regular size birds. The remaining 4 are very small bantams.

I have a brooder built inside my coop that 7 chics have been in for several months. 3 are big enough to be moved out which I did, but the 4 smaller ones just arent big enough to be out yet. For the last 2 days the 3 i let out just hang in the corner of the coop trying to get back i the brooder. It’s breaking my heart. Should I keep them out? They are fully feathered regular size birds. The remaining 4 are very small bantams.
Is there any way you can turn it on its side or put in a small doorway so they can go back & forth? If they are going to be a flock together I wouldn’t keep them separated. ❤️

They are with older chickens and the small bantams can’t be with the big ones input the others with just yet. I moved the 3 out due to their size so the other 4 had more room.

Back
Top Bottom