Chics want back in brooder

Heather67

Songster
Mar 12, 2018
Merit, Texas
I have a brooder built inside my coop that 7 chics have been in for several months. 3 are big enough to be moved out which I did, but the 4 smaller ones just arent big enough to be out yet. For the last 2 days the 3 i let out just hang in the corner of the coop trying to get back i the brooder. It’s breaking my heart. Should I keep them out? They are fully feathered regular size birds. The remaining 4 are very small bantams.

Iluveggers

Free Ranging
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I have a brooder built inside my coop that 7 chics have been in for several months. 3 are big enough to be moved out which I did, but the 4 smaller ones just arent big enough to be out yet. For the last 2 days the 3 i let out just hang in the corner of the coop trying to get back i the brooder. It’s breaking my heart. Should I keep them out? They are fully feathered regular size birds. The remaining 4 are very small bantams.
Is there any way you can turn it on its side or put in a small doorway so they can go back & forth? If they are going to be a flock together I wouldn’t keep them separated. ❤️

Heather67

Songster
Mar 12, 2018
Merit, Texas
They are with older chickens and the small bantams can’t be with the big ones input the others with just yet. I moved the 3 out due to their size so the other 4 had more room.

rosemarythyme

Scarborough Fair
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 3, 2016
WA, Pac NW
My Coop
My Coop
You said they've been in the brooder for several months? All 7? If they're all months old they can all move out, no reason to only move out half of them no matter the size.

Top Bottom