Chiky's game pen thread.

Chikyboy

Bantam Cochin Collector
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
Hello. Either this year or next year I wanted to make a game pen. Basically to develop somewhat of a new breed. My goal is to make a cold-hardy game breed that make great mothers and good foragers. These are just for me. I want them to be really cold hardy, because we have winters that get into -20 F here. I'm planning to start with OEGB, LF modern game, and some of my mixed breed hens that have game genes.

I have four hens that have game ancestry. I don't think they really have a good game body type, but I will take pictures of them when I get the chance and post them here so people might be able to tell me if they have good body type or not.

OEGBs maybe abit small. Mine are Serama sized.

Maybe get some mid sized to large Games? My Blue Face hens are perfect in size for Free Ranging, & one has large spurs for defense. Planning on one day getting the right set up, & getting a Stag, or maybe a Cock for my Blue Face hens.

OEGBs maybe abit small. Mine are Serama sized.

Maybe get some mid sized to large Games? My Blue Face hens are perfect in size for Free Ranging, & one has large spurs for defense. Planning on one day getting the right set up, & getting a Stag, or maybe a Cock for my Blue Face hens.
I was planning just to use a OEGB rooster over larger hens. I don't want super small hens, but I want LF but smaller than most LF breeds.

Back
Top Bottom