Children = Sickness!

Gosh I remember those days! All the above advice is good, I'd go with that. Hope everyone feels better soon, and I hope you don't get it! :eek:

Your daughters are VERY CUTE.

Here is a suggestion we use in the hospital when we have to give a little one a suppository. We get a wash cloth wet with warm water and then wring it out. Make sure you do this just before you insert the suppository. Also make sure you have Vaseline or the likes to help ease the little bugger in. Apply the warm washcloth to the area where you just inserted the suppository. It takes the sting and bite out of the whole ordeal. Something else to think about too is making sure that you have everything you need right at arms reach. Have the extra sheets, pillow cases, towels, washcloths, mouthwash, medicines etc. by every person that is sick. Keeping them all in one room definitely helps. Make sure you have hand sanitizer and some bleach, Clorox wipes or disinfectant spray to help with the germs. Opening up a window will also allow for some fresh air. Also a great way to get rid of germs. Pour some apple cider vingegar in some bath water and make everyone take a bath. The vinegar will pull a lot of the impurities in their bodies out. The bath water will be darker and it's not from the vinegar. It will be from the impurities. Best of luck to you. I hope everyone feels better soon and your picture of April is priceless.

My kids,when they are sick don't want to eat or drink much. We ususally have powdered gaterade on hand, and make it up using less than half the recommended amount. I also find that ice pops helps. They have sugar, but getting liquid into the kid is more important. The ice pops seem to sooth throats that are sore from vomiting, and because it is taken in slowly it doesn't seem to upset the tummy as much. They make pedialyte ice pops, but they taste terrible, salty and nasty. My kids wouldn't touch them.

I'm sorry about your girls. I hope they feel better soon.

To me, the worst sound in the world is that groan in the middle of the night right before the kid vomits all over himself and his bed. I don't think my kids have ever vomited during the day!

Thanks everyone for the great advice!

I'm happy to report that April seems to be much better as does Alana. We get more worried about her because last time she had the flu she wouldn't stop vomiting and couldn't hold any liquid down for any amount of time. She's her normal bubbly self this morning but we're taking it easy with saltine crackers and light / clear liquids.

Unfortunately the wife is in bed feeling terrible. Hopefully the tail end of a 24 hour flu.

Thanks again for the comments and support. What a terrific community!!!

We used to go through the same thing once or twice a year (or more) when my kids were little. Interestingly, it stopped when my youngest was finally out of diapers. My theory is that those gastrointestinal bugs are passed through poop -- no matter how clean you try to be, it's just impossible to control the germs when kids are walking around with full diapers.

Either that, or the family resistance has finally built up.

Anyway, I sure do feel for you. I remember nights when we had nothing to sleep on because ALL the sheets were thrown up on!!

Best of luck to you...

Oh Nifty..I am so very sorry to hear the little ones are sick. And SOOOOo cute!! Dang! It just breaks my hear when a child is sick...make sya want to sit and cuddle them all day. Hope they and all are feeling better soon!

Thank you all so much for your advice & prayers! We ended up giving Alana the suppository last night (between me throwing up) and it seemed to do the trick. It was amazing how normal she was this morning! She wasn't too happy about the suppository at the time, but this morning said she was better because of the "thing I put in [her] bum."
smile.png

Kids are cute.

Everyone has great advice.. I'm taking it, too!

Nothing new to add to that, just wanted to tell you that I feel your pain. My family has been sick this week.. pretty much the same deal as yours. Lots of throw-up (which I confess to having a secret phobia about.. that's hubby's department!), fever, coughing. Hubby is still quite sick, kids have stopped vomiting, but still are somewhat feverish and congested. I had my first vomit incident tonight.. hopefully the last.

I have to be honest.. I wish that the main caregiver here wouldn't come down with it.. but doesn't seem to be the case. We just all seem to have somewhat different symptoms. I don't really throw up much, so usually have the congestion/runny nose/coughing. I guess that beats the horrible dehydration any day.

Hoping all of our families come through this season with a minimum of illnesses!

-Meghan

Yaa, I know what it feels like to throw up every two minutes. I had food poisioning might not be the same as what your going through. But I did throw up atleast 7 times...and until the point I was throwing up water. It sucks Dang Chinese food, Dont eat it any more it just gives me the hibbi cheebies when some one says it it gives me the sensation to throw up yuckk. Your little girl is adorable and hopes she gets better soon
smile.png

sad.png

I'm sorry - I hope its short lived!
We've had those kind of things going around before, my son is pretty quick with anything like that - he'll throw up go to the bathroom - do his thing and be done. My daughter goes on a bit, we also use towels on the bed, face cloth warmed, to clean faces - water to drink, and you might also need to brush teeth to get that yukkie taste out and keep the teeth strong.
Good luck, it will pass...........

I generally also don't like to give any meds to stop it, unless its just too much throwing up and the stomach gets empty - I try get them to eat bread or something first as well. I think the body is trying its best to get rid of something, and its best to just let it do the job!

Back
Top Bottom