children under 5 shouldn't be around pets

Quote:
Well said!
my boy lets his one year old baby give Captian Kirk hugs. and Kirks no little bitty;
101_3825.jpg

Always the gentelmen Kirk often looks on, unpleased, but never Kicks or flaps when the Babys hugging him, im 5'4 and that birds dwarfs me in the pic, with sumatra and red BB in his mix he could do some damage.
as sweet and cuddly as they come, all the kids on the farm ask about Kirk as soon as they see me, just thinking about the way there little faces light up with curousity as they pet the gental giant makes me shudder to think of the person who calls that wrong!

Besides, theres so much animals can teach kids; love, responsability, friendship and everything in between.

**also childless by choice

We have pets because I grew up without them. Kids who are around animals are able to consider so much of the world as familiar. They approach the unknown in light of what they have been exposed to. I remember being afraid of many things & situations because I was never around animals. If you've never had a dog, all dogs are strangers. You don't know how to act.
I love it when my DD tells me that she cleaned up a pasty chick butt; mainly because I know that she'll clean her hands LIKE A SURGEON, afterward.

People have to understand that news is a product & fear sells!

Children raised with animals learn empathy and compassion... need I say anything more

I appologize if this has already been mentioned but besides what everyone has mentioned about being less prone to allergens and illness when children are around animals...I see some have mentioned the responsiblities and love lessons learned from them as well, but the first thing I thought was...

....having a pet teaches a child about life and death. I would rather my child be raised knowing it's a natural cycle and plants, animals, and people will experiance this, then to have my child learn about death any other way.

This article's perspective is just a glorified way to hype the uninformed and unbelieving public into a frenzy. It's an article worthy of using as my chickie poop paper bedding.

me,
g

From the article:

"Those who already have these pets should contact their veterinarians about specific risks and possible new homes for the animals, he said."
"Our recommendation is that no animal should be a pet for kids 5 and under,"

This is a crazy article!

Back
Top Bottom