Chilled Chickens

-Kiwi-

eepy thing =w=
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2020
your walls ;3
Tip:DO NOT let your bantams get wet on a cold day.

Said thing happened and I came outside to what I thought was a dead hen. She was wet and cold and stiff. My cochin bantam, Houdini, was next to her, weak and twitching. I found my second OEGB hen behind a cage, looking dead too. I rushed them all inside and put them under a blow dryer. One by one Houdini came back to life, the second OEGB began to breathe and twitch, but the first was still and cold. So I kept warming them. Then, unlike my expectations, the first hen twitched! After a bit more warming she was breathing occasionally and twitching. Now all three are in front of the fireplace wrapped up in towels and covered by a heat mat. Im scared they will go out again.Thoughts?

Update!!! This morning all three are poking their heads out of the box and making happy chicken noises. They are all very confused about all this. My hen got the food unstuck by herself and they should be ready to go outside today! They are jumping out of the box to wander around the house illegally.

All three were released from the chicken hospital and are pecking around outside with the others! Im so happy they recovered! I was so sure they were dead when I brought them in, but they sprung back to life! Yay for the undead chickens!

Back
Top Bottom