Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Someone is laying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went out to check the brooders in the garage, since I had a light problem the other day.

I thought a rock was in the way and kicked it and it was an egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DARK brown pullet egg!!!!!!!

I almost cried when I realized after I broke it, but heck, someone's laying and I'll get more.

Last edited:
Quote:
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif

No idea Raven but I'd assume something must have gotten into the egg. Was it by any chance dirty? It seems rather odd it was moldy. Maybe it's just one of those odd things that happen sometimes.

Have to share, I have a pip!!!
big_smile.png
11 pm here and their 21 days is 12 noon tomorrow. I'm so excited to see my babies.
Terrible news is DH wants to go shopping tomorrow so my nose to 'bator time will be severely limited!
barnie.gif

I am sure there are going to be early birds and I am secretly wishing it will be some of my eggs. But I need to do the official bunny countdown!

2 more days!
bun.gif
bun.gif

I will fully admit that I have put my ear to the incubator this morning listening for peeps, and I have took my flashlight and watched for movement and pips. Nothing yet. Come on chickies!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
I thought for sure I would have at least a pip when I got up this morning... but no...
hit.gif

21 days is today at 1:00... I sure hope I have better luck with what's in lockdown than with what I started with.. 50% infertile was not a good way to start!!

On a brighter note, I found another source for eggs and she cracked three to check and all were fertile.. $1 a dozen for BOs.. probably get 3 dozen next week and try again..

Back
Top Bottom