Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Quote:
woot.gif
fl.gif

Geesh,,, I think I have a jersey giant trying to go broody on me with no eggs. She was in the box earlier when I came home and would not let me check it, so I figured she was laying. I just went out and locked up for the night. She is still in the box and I blocked her attacks with one hand while I checked with the other. Could not find a single egg under her. Should I be worried, do you think? Man, that was some pretty determined pecking though. Ouch!
hide.gif

Quote:
Aussi, Aussie, Aussie.......Oi, Oi, Oi !!!!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Thank you!
big_smile.png

Quote:
What are you hatching Raven? I'm sure you've said but it's late and my brain is 1/2 asleep already.
lol.png

the shipped eggs are cochins ( lemon cuckoo / buff ) which are the rare ones. my own eggs are black & splash orpys wit a SLW roo.

Nice! All very pretty birds. Be interesting to see how the Orp x SLW chicks feather out. Laced fluffies? I hope so
smile.png

I'd never seen the lemon cuckoo till 3 weeks ago, I was very tempted, I love cuckoos. I want to get some crele. Then maybe the lemons.
smile.png

Now how to convince DH I really do need more breeding pens...
hide.gif

Edit for typos, again lol

Last edited:
I hope everyones hatches are going well!!! I've got 4 fuzzy butts so far
ya.gif
ya.gif
love.gif

2 OE's or BW Ameracaunas (didn't think to double check egg color!) and 2 Rock/Marans, all have feathers shanks/toes
love.gif

62442_picture_027.jpg

And here's my son, Ian, glued to the bator watching the chicks hatch
love.gif
He LOVES hatching!!
62442_picture_021.jpg

Thank you GHG!!!

question... I've got one that pipped mid day, I can see its beak, its breathing, but can no longer cheep... I've seen the egg shudder several times, but the chick hasn't made any progress... I'm gonna sit and worry all night...
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom