Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

DH just walked upstairs and said "are you aware that there is another chicken in the house?" ut-oh! I take a quick look out the big windows, Nope the chickens aren't in the yard today (too cold) so they couldn't have walked in through the back door. hmmmm.....'how did a chicken get in the house?' I'm thinking. I'm not sure but somehow its gonna be my fault! So I cautiously ask "which chicken?" he says "I don't know its in the incubator!"

YEAY!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Cute little mutant fluffy half silkie. Hopefully a blue egg layer.....crossed with a blue egg EE.

Quote:
Congrats on the pips! Don't worry, I had 3 that made big holes before they actually figured out how to turn and zip around the shell. Hope you get to see them hatch here soon.

Did it take them long? its been 6 hours now and he's still just sitting there with his beak sticking out the hole.

One took a long time. I had one pip yesterday at 2:30 pm and didn't hatch until 5 am this morning. They seem to rest for quite a while sometimes and then something just kicks in and they go back to work on chipping at the shell.

Happy Birthday Wolfie and Daisy!!
HappyBirthdayDanceTwist.gif

So exciting seein all the pips and chicks!! Makes me wish I had somethin fixin to hatch right now
barnie.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Did it take them long? its been 6 hours now and he's still just sitting there with his beak sticking out the hole.

One took a long time. I had one pip yesterday at 2:30 pm and didn't hatch until 5 am this morning. They seem to rest for quite a while sometimes and then something just kicks in and they go back to work on chipping at the shell.

Thank you. It is so great being able to come on here and ask questions like this, i just needed some reassurance, its my first time.

Cheers

thumbsup.gif

So far all of the chicks that have hatched in the past 24 hours have been my own eggs. And I am excited to report that I finally have a pip in one of my shipped Naked Neck eggs from Maine!!!!! I really really want a baby Naked Neck! Come on chickie!!!!!!!
wee.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I couldn't stand thinking that they were ALL dead so, i took the bator into the bathroom and got it as steamy as I could and then placed the bator next to the shower while it was still steamy... I checked ALL 14 eggs and none of them had any pips but I float tested a few of them and only one didn't do anything but I didn't leave it in there but about 15 seconds.. The others stopped moving and then moved on their own.. So, I closed the bator and put it back... Don't worry.. The humidity actually went UP in the bator when I took the top off so no "shrink wrap" problems! LOL... This was about 30 minutes ago... i just went back into my room and HEARD PEEPING!!!!! There are still no pips that I can see but I HEARD PEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo EGGcited!!! I guess they just want to drive me insane and wait until the last minute!! Also, I was afraid that because of the small air cells, they would drown when they internally pipped.. If I hear peeping, that means no drowning!!
wee.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations to all with new babies...............

Still nothing here yet.......................
Snow hunter.Toooooo funny, but muh needed this morning...........
Your BD card gave me a good laugh................

Back
Top Bottom