Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

So much for hatching early. Two pips is all I have this morning.
barnie.gif

Ok well I have two chicks out and two more working on it... And three eggs doing nothing... I'm nervous they may do nothing.... 5 out of 11
sad.png
shipped eggs

Still nothing here. Nada.

My incubator freaked out again, luckily I have been checking the eggs every 5 minutes so it was not for long. I had to cool it down, so I decided to do the float test. Supposedly 10 of the 12 were good, but I do not think so. 2 were moving (I think). I am just not sure. I tried candling when we removed the turner thing and I thought only 5 were good. Is the float test ever wrong. All 10 eggs floated about 15% above the water.

My incubator seems to have gotten better and has stablilized. The kitten kept trying to sleep on it, I think he may have bumped the control. I made it to where he cannot get on it.

This is driving me crazy!

Happy birthdays. Happy anniversary.

Congrats on all the babies.
fl.gif
for the yet unhatched.

I still have only the one and she went to playing sibling soccer, so i slipped her out really quick and put her in with the kids that hatched 2 weeks ago and all is good. She snuggled right up and they accepted her with no question.

Quote:
OMG I've been on the phone since 8:30 this morning. It just died while I was talking to my sister, so first chane I've had to get in there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Daisychcik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for my present I have the cutest little fluffy butt! Black with a silver back and area of it's head and a white spot in the middle of the grey spot. LOL

Lisa! This one has 5 toes. LOL Came from a blue egg, so silkie and AM right?

There's a BCM egg pipped and this one is sitting right up to it, peeping and sticking it's beak inside the pip.

Hope he coaches this one out.

No other pips, but but my little blue egg silkie is moving up and down the carton every once in a while and then goes back to the pipped egg.

He stops at another BCM egga and pecks, so I'm thinking maybe that one will hatch if I'm lucky.

So I have babies from shipped eggs again!

“Gung Hay Fat Choy”

Yeah congrats Wolftracks! My little silkie X Ameraucana mixes are so cute. Fluffy and will hopefully lay green eggs. So happy you got a chick and hopefully more to come.
wee.gif
wee.gif

This is off topic.but daily news................
One of mt roosters was on the front porch crowing like crazy.alarm
Looked out the door and saw chickens running.....three roos were chasing the hens into the barn.
My DH took off ,as fast as he could, and saw a coyote run off..no chickens in his mouth but discovered
he had ripped a huge area of feathers from the roo that came to the front door.
He will be OK..........He is a 1/2 english orp and.nothing but feathers......but has a big bare spot now on his lower right side.
Treated him with blue coat.

Got my adrenalin running.
I know it will be back
Still just one pip.
going to search to see if I can find info on floating eggs.......

Back
Top Bottom