Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

I have two chicks and a few more pips and DRUM ROLL PLEASE! One of the splash orps is halfway zipped!!!!
wee.gif

ya.gif
:weee:ya
I just signed in and saw your post - hope it's okay to join in. Three of my Black Copper Marans just hatched this afternoon and evening! I've got pips on 4 others (some RIR and some BCM). My first successful hatch!!!

Last edited:
Thank you Justtoni!! Do you know if it's okay that the chicks are panting in the incubator? I've read everything from pop the air plugs in the top to take the out and put them in a brooder. Also, something about shrink to the other eggs that have pipped if I open the incubator. Anyone have any advice??

The pips are getting bigger. The peeping is getting louder and the rockin' n' rollin' is really goin' on at this bator. Wish they could have done this in the day time. Don't think I'll get much sleep. I think there are 7 or 8 pips now. Hard to tell with them rolling around. Looks like a have an EE trying to get out and a BO right next to it just pipped.

74976_dsc05922.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats!!!

Everybody is welcome here

Sorry for those that ended up with no eggs viable.

Trust me I know that sucks!

NYD I had one hatch and die. I started with 82 eggs and got nothing.

This time I'm happy. I have 3 hatched and one had pipped and then I noticed the memberane was shrinking, so went in and chipped shell away. He's still in the bottom half and looked twisted up. I think they were just too big. Anyway it's untwisted and sitting in the bottom of the shell.

No more pips and when I tried to candle I think I can see light through 2, so when the humidity is up enough I'll candle the last 3 and see what's going on if anything.

Maybe my bad streak is over.

OH and my digital thermometer reads 88 and the cheapy thermometer I got from the fish area of Walmart reads right on, so I'm sticking with those, thanks much to Chookschick!

I saw a thread the other day and it was about adding rocks to the water. I had great hatches before Bill died and I thought about it and I haven't added rocks since then. Maybe I need to do that too. I'll add them this weekend to the Marans eggs in another bator.

Now if my girls start laying again I can turn over my flock and have some eggs and chicks to sell once I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom