Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

One of my projects this month is to get that Sportsman working in time for the Easter hatch. I'm going to need room, because my quail should be old enough by then to be laying and I'm going to hatch every one I can once they start. I just got a buyer that I can sell them too at $3 each and he'll buy up to 700 every 8 weeks. They could sure help around here with the bills. Going to take a while to build up to that, but even a hundred at a time until I do is ok.

I drove to Sacramento today and got eggs from Mediazeal.

This is what I have to hatch now (have an empty bator, so I had too. LOL

1 Mottled Java
4 Barney's
1 BM
3 FBCMs
8 Wellies

I also bought 2 dozen TJ eggs to see if I can get them to hatch.

My little bantam wellies are so cute and soooo tiny. I love wellies.

Had to let you now about the cat and kid picks.

My grand daughter saw the pics from across the room and came running saying "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" Then she stops, puts her face up to the screen and wrinkles her nose and said "WHY, is that goat sniffing the cat's butt?? That's just ruuuude!" Plus it was a big discussion at the Superbowl party we just came from. My 3 oldest daughter's wanted to know what kind of weird things I was into now.

Last edited:
Quote:
woot.gif

My NYD chicks are doing so well! I'm pretty sure only one is a roo (quite a switch, as I'm darned good at hatching roosters!) and one of the pullets at 5 weeks of age is perfectly willing to snuggle with baby chicks hatched a week or so ago. They want to get under her, and she lets them. I find that quite odd with White Leghorns, but it sure is adorable.

i think the wee splash that hatched has retarded eyes
hu.gif
it wont open them & when it does its not for very long & i dont know what to do to help him

It's funny. I have the 4 I hatched the 3rd and 4th sitting in my livingroom until tomorrow and my big fluffy ball was trying to spread those tiny wings over the other 3.

Here is a photo of my Feb. 4th hatch. Ended up with 13 chicks. A stink bug flew in their baby nest the first day and they all leaped out and just stared at it. Sooo funny. Got 3 tiny black Serama and a Russian Orloff Bantam in this hatch and so excited to see how they'll turn out.

74976_2-4-2011-chicks.jpg

'Bator now has 42 eggs in it and 10 under a little Serama hen. Feb. 26th should be fun.

I have 9 button quail and 8 coturnix quail chicks. They hatched Yesterday!!
jumpy.gif

That makes 9/33 button eggs and 8/17 coturnix eggs. of the 9 remaining coturnix eggs 4 pipped, but died in the shell.

These little Buttons are the cutest! I can't even do much with them accept stare blankly at them or hold them and swoon.

Quote:
I'm hatching TJ's right now (or, well, incubating them) - want to come join us on Steve's "will they hatch" thread?

Yes I do.

I tried to pull it up, but I'm missing it I guess.

I hope they hatch, because I have a future project for them if they do.

Back
Top Bottom