chipmunks :)

Yeah, mice observing constellations is a big, big reach for me personally...I think it is something else. Some atmospheric thing or perhaps they see different lighting than we do. ..who the heck knows what happens in a deer mouse head. The important part to me of this Scientist's study is that they came back. NO MATTER WHAT. It just took longer in situations where the sky was clouded/overcast. Interesting and something that has yet to be looked into. What is it that makes the animal travel the long distances to it's birthing home...
Instinct is a good catch all. Let's just go with that.

I thought I would share this little known private study he shared at that conference on Hanta Virus and Deer mice. I thought it relevant to those trying to capture and relocate. It is difficult. More power to those who try.

Forgive the reach in mice seeing stars. It was not mine. Just sharing a funky little story that has at least some merit in the animal returning to it's home range.

It is all "take what you want and leave the rest" in life.

Have a happy holiday.

Quote:
PLACE THE NORTH STAR AT YOUR BACK THEN STRAIT AHEAD TO THE BIG DIPPER.... TURN RIGHT AT THE LIL DIPPER THEN ON TO DAYLIGHT! HOME WILL BE ANOTHER 1/4 MILE DOWN THE ROAD....
thumbsup.gif

smile.png

kahlertm, I didn't figure you went for star gazing mice! HA! I was just trying to be funny. Sometimes I'm the only one who laughs at what I say though. I tell you, it is rough when you tell yourself jokes because you done heard them all.
lol.png

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day too!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom