chirping eggs

momto35chicks

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 15, 2014
billings
I have had a broody mom sitting on 2 eggs and they started chirping this morning. The problem is her nesting/brooding area was a paint bucket, (we attach to the walls and made into nesting boxes),. It is not compatible to hatch chicks. I moved mom and the eggs to another area but I cant get her to settle down. I'm guessing they will both hatch in the next 24 hours as they havent piped yet. It's hot enough outside that the eggs are warm but will mom eventually settle down? I did think of putting her back and moving her tonight when it's dark.
I do have a new broody chicken I could use but need some suggestions.

I have had a broody mom sitting on 2 eggs and they started chirping this morning. The problem is her nesting/brooding area was a paint bucket, (we attach to the walls and made into nesting boxes),. It is not compatible to hatch chicks. I moved mom and the eggs to another area but I cant get her to settle down. I'm guessing they will both hatch in the next 24 hours as they havent piped yet. It's hot enough outside that the eggs are warm but will mom eventually settle down? I did think of putting her back and moving her tonight when it's dark.
I do have a new broody chicken I could use but need some suggestions.
They are internally pipped if you hear chirping, usually it is not a good idea to move them until after they hatch out, if she brooded in the bucket she can hatch in the bucket

Back
Top Bottom