Chirping for 48 hours

I assisted. She was definitely in a really wonky position. Took a while to find beak. She is pretty much out now, still attached to placenta, but moving and chirping! Hopefully she is gonna make it. I opened the hole a little wider for the other that was moving and found beak quickly! Wrapped it with a moist paper towel and put it back in incubator to see if she will do anymore.

Attachments

• 55D5FBE8-A387-4734-AE51-CEE21159C2C1.jpeg
    55D5FBE8-A387-4734-AE51-CEE21159C2C1.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 12
Temp has stayed at 99.5 the whole time according to the thermometer we put in there. We didn’t have a humidity gauge. But the trays at the bottom have been filled and have put some wet paper towels in there. It could be anything really. The guy we borrowed it from made it sound really easy! 🤦🏼‍♀️ At least I’ve got two still alive for sure. (For now, hopefully they make it!) The other 3 haven’t moved at all. Our power did go out one day for 1-2 hours.

Temp has stayed at 99.5 the whole time according to the thermometer we put in there. We didn’t have a humidity gauge. But the trays at the bottom have been filled and have put some wet paper towels in there. It could be anything really. The guy we borrowed it from made it sound really easy! 🤦🏼‍♀️ At least I’ve got two still alive for sure. (For now, hopefully they make it!) The other 3 haven’t moved at all. Our power did go out one day for 1-2 hours.
Thermometers are notoriously inaccurate. Unless guaranteed to be closer or are calibrated, they only have to be within 2 F plus or minus. That isn't close enough for incubating.
The day eggs hatch is much more accurate than most thermometers. If they hatch early, temp was too high. If they hatch late, temp was too low.

If you want, I can give you the names and model numbers of 3 extremely accurate thermometers out of the box that won't break the bank. One of them is also a hygrometer but requires a smart phone because it is Bluetooth which can be read from a distance, like another room or outside the house.

Yes, that’d be great. Thank you! I think I’ll be also in the market for an incubator of our own. Any suggestions on those? That also don’t “break the bank.” 😆

Back
Top Bottom