First, a tiny head emerges.
ltnbabes2.jpg

. . . then a little braver . . .
ltnbabes4.jpg

. . . then another appears . . .
ltnbabes1.jpg

i think she has two little roos there.
ltnbabes3.jpg

i've seen another, but she must be hiding. There might be others or more hatching. But letting her take care of things for now. OH, i did see her take a piece of egg and break it up and give it to the one little adventurous one. So she's being a very good Mom!

love.gif
awsome pic!!!! I have never had a silkie and I have never seen 1 in person but seeing all them here at BYC has me wanting them so much. My 1st silkies are in the bator due to hatch Apr.4 I have 9 eggs
in there!!!!!!!

lau.gif
Just wait! They are the cutest chickens ever!
Just imagine a tiny, bitty cute soft-eyed puppy - now take that x10! That's how cute silkies are.

airheart43 - What a pretty momma hen! So cute!
love.gif

Well first of all, when they come out of the shell, they look kind of average, and nothing really happens. BUT...then they dry off. And there you have the fluffiest, cutest, most adorable thing that you have EVER seen in your entire life. That's when it happens. You fall in love with your baby silkie's, and they have full total control over you. Anything they want, they get. And then you can't stop hatching them, and you have to have them...."breath" And that my friend is the story of silkie chicks. I'm sure that others will add their own experiences. But that's pretty much how it works.
clap.gif

And your hatching them you say? Sorry, but you're done for.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
yes I bought some eggs from a Marie Martin, they are bbs silkies! I am anxious to see these! When my son told me he wanted a silkie I was like huh whats that? I then came here to BYC and found some, so I was like ok lets try em!!!

Back
Top Bottom