Chloe's First 2021 Hatch-A-Long!

Pics

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
Hello everyone! I am officially doing my first 2021 hatch! I got a Magicfly 10 egg incubator for Christmas and have been DYING to use it. My hens are/have been going through the heaviest molt yet, inches of snow, some ice, and single digit temperatures. Basically, everything was against me hatching and getting eggs. Then, on New Year's Eve I got my first egg, an Austra White egg. I of course put it back for the incubator. That hen lays for me every single day and is in with 3 roos so HOPEFULLY her eggs are fertile. I also had my Blue Maran hen lay an egg and she is in with 2 silkie roos! I ended up getting a Columbian Wyandotte egg (finally) and she is in with the same 3 roos as the Austra White.
To round this up:
4 Austra White eggs (roo will be Pure Black Copper Maran roo, Lav Orp/BCM roo, or Olive Egger roo)
1 Columbian Wyandotte (Same as Austra Whites for roos)
1 Blue Maran (Blue Silkie and White Silkie roo)

This afternoon I will be setting up the incubator (and hoping I might get another egg). Follow along to get candling updates and see the chicks!

P.S. Sorry if I can't respond to all the comments. I am going to be very busy during this hatch but I will try and respond to everyone if I can!

Thank you so much! What is a BSL? Good luck to you as well! How many chicks did you set?
Black sex link!
I set 12 initially but ended up with 3 extra eggs that night that were laid late, so they ended up going in too! 15 total! :) only have one roo whos breeding at the moment, the dominique is too young yet.. can't wait for pure dominiques when he and the dominique pullet are old enough to breed! He has his cute little harem of younger hens and Mister GG has his four big girls.

Black sex link!
I set 12 initially but ended up with 3 extra eggs that night that were laid late, so they ended up going in too! 15 total! :) only have one roo whos breeding at the moment, the dominique is too young yet.. can't wait for pure dominiques when he and the dominique pullet are old enough to breed! He has his cute little harem of younger hens and Mister GG has his four big girls.
How EGGCITING! What incubator did you use?

How EGGCITING! What incubator did you use?
Thats a great question... its so old the label is gone so I'm not sure! Some little giant model, ive had it for nearly seven years now, since I was in high-school.. I hatched my second batch of quail in this little bator after my first one crapped out. Little dude is still going strong and holding steady, with a few makeshift modifications of course.
16101323301341823677914684636628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom