Chocolate and olives? YOU BETCHA!

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
One-day auction for 6+ French Black Copper Marans (the very best lines - Davis rooster and a Cottage Hill rooster over W. Jeane [these are descendants out of the very first eggs that W. Jeane sold from his original flock] and Davis hens. Very nice - you will find NO mossies in my flock, all have feathered shanks, my CH rooster has a perfect, 5-point comb, no rooster tails.....I breed to the proposed SOP. My girls are toward the end of their laying cycle for the year, and are laying around a 5 on the scale; however, I will send an egg shell sample showing how dark they lay toward the beginning - typically a 7, sometimes up to an 8. These are also very good layers. I'ave had a few lines in the past that just didn't lay well, and they have all been culled from my breeder pens.

Also included is 6+ Olive Egger eggs. These are out of hens that are 1/2 FBCM and 1/2 EE. Gorgeous ladis, all three that I use are blue - you will get blue, black, and/or an occasional brown.

Only those with at least 200 posts may bid. If you wish to bid but do not have the minimum number of posts, please PM me. Payment due by 5 p.m. Eastern time Tuesday, 9/14 - eggs to ship out Wednesday, 9/15.

Here is a (super casual) pic of my alpha roo - notice his awesome comb, solid black chest, and great tail - he's a super nice quality roo and I'm VERY pleased with this boy! He is only about 20 weeks in this picture, and will only be getting better!!

CHcockerel-32weeks.jpg

One of the girls - nice, round body, this line is quite large:

Hammondpullet-20wks.jpg

Here are my olive egger hens:

This is Sweetie - she's....super sweet!

blueOEpullet2.jpg

This is Princess - she is out of a Wheaten Penedesenca hen, and her babies lay "golden olive" eggs (see below):

Princessoutside.jpg

Here are the "golden olive" eggs - this picture was taken out in the sun, so it most definitely helped to give the eggs a golden cast, but they are just gorgeous eggs:

DSC01674.jpg

The other two olive egger hens' offspring lay a dark olive green egg, a bit darker than the one in my avatar.

PLEASE...please...please do this again in mid-late December (I will start hatching in January) OR - Can I pre-buy at your ending auction price???

Newlyweds - come on.....you're an awesome hatcher...you'd do great with these!
thumbsup.gif

aceschix - I doubt the girls will still be laying in mid-December - I don't use artificial lights, I like to let them take a break in winter. Sorry! I guess if it's super mild, there's a chance, though!

Here is a pic of Wynette's egg shells which I hatched from before.
I put PB jar next to eggs so you can see real color of shell.
Gorgeous dark eggs!

50570_maranseggcolor2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes! This is exactly what I'm looking for for my next flock! We're moving in the spring and will be starting over w/ our birds then (found out our current little flock most likely has mycoplasmosis
hit.gif
) I hope you'll be selling more eggs then!

Absolutely beautiful! The birds and the eggs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom