!! Chocolate Orpingtons & Chicken Calculator !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If we win the lottery tonight, I will buy some of these!! No guarantee of the eggs hatching either..... But HenThymes I will ensure we both have some of them all!!
D.gif

Those ebay eggs just sold for $1000. Somebody wanted them. I looked at the sellers recent auctions and they have had good bids on some eggs but obviously had the reserve too high and they didn't sell. So while it may disappoint some to see the high price it IS what the market will bear. The mental condition of the buyer may be questioned by some but it was still a fair auction. I'm betting the next 6 eggs won't go that high. Also the seller is getting the message about the value of other eggs because they didn't sell.
6 jubilee orpington eggs had 46 bids up to $520 but the reserve was higher so they didn't sell. The value of anything is only in the mind of the buyer. The mind of the seller can be adjusted by the potential buyers. If no one is buying, the price will come down.
Americans tend to want instant gratification. That's why they will pay $600 for a phone today that they could get for $200 just by being patient for a couple months or so. It's sad and embarassing to us as a society to see this type of thing.
I am probably just as prout of the eggs I will be picking up tomorrow as this buyer is of their $1000 eggs. We should all be thankful for what we have in hand and not fret over what is out of reach.
smile.png

Jim, It's so funny you said that because I was speaking with a person from the UK a few months back and that was along the lines of his marketing plan.. hmm.... Things went downhill quickly the more I learned of his tactics and the more I was concerned to be involved in what was certainly going to wind up a huge mess.

oldscool, I completely agree with you about market prices and, of course they will be at their peak right now while the buyers are confident they will be one the few to have these ultra rare birds. I just don't think that is going to be the case. The race is on
cool.png

I would realy realy like to see pics of these acually in the usa,all the pics are from england.I have asked but got a bot answer or no responce.

pdsavage wrote:
Are those pictures of your birds on your site cause they look like from calum_to
http://www.chocolateorpingtonchicken.com/ who has same pictures as his father Minh.
I would realy like to see the birds you have.

Thank you for your comment! Chesire Chicks have played a lg role in the success of this incredible mission. My hats defiantly off to Chesire Ckicks!!!!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=445461

I am hoping they secure better now if these are pics from here they don't have the breeds seperated very well.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=466993
But I belive those are still pics from over seas

Last edited:
I had looked at bringing back Chocolate Orp eggs with me when I returned from England this coming Fall, but airline and TSA restrictions would almost guarantee a 100% disaster, so I am not going to even try......

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some form of conspiracy in keeping these birds inaccessible...and I'm certain that we should keep a close watch on the hatching results of the winner of those very expensive eggs.

Jim, your points about importation and numbers of eggs made available are very valid- I hope someone with know-how will check DEFRA and get the info regarding that so foks know whether something wonky is going on.

pdsavage, I absolutely agree that if this is on the up and up, we ought to have some pics of the birds here by now. I hope the US seller isn't tied up in some sort of scheme with a UK seller. I truly hope if they are they try to extract themselves before doing something unethical.

I am a sceptic...
sad.png
you know the old saying.... A fool and his money are soon parted. I am going to stick with Green Fire Farms at least they have established a good reputation. They might get some LF Choc one day. I will be enjoying with my BBS and GL until then.

Sceptic is the word.
hmm.png
What blows my mind is the desperation of people to pay $1000 for 6 hatching eggs that for one have a disclaimer in the auction the "they do not guarantee their fertility or hatchability" . They say they are here and laying well and are fertile at their location, so again it raises the question... Why no pictures of the actual stock here in the US??

With the prices listed for this stock and their hatching eggs I for one would definitely want some form of a guarantee before giving my money away!!!

Chesire Chick I guess only sells to the USA now

http://chocolateorpingtonchicken.com/?page_id=51
How To Order
1. Please contact [email protected]

You must provide your full name, email and phone number to get a quick response.

2. We require a 50% deposit before any order is initiated.

3. Once birds are Vet certified and USDA date is booked another 50% is required

4. We also offer door to door service for an extra fee where we will travel with the birds to any destination in the US.

Payment Methods:paypal and Wire Transfer. If you prefer to use Wire Transfer we will offer a 3% discount on the total purchase

http://chocolateorpingtonchicken.com/?page_id=344
Our Cheshire Chicks Farm team based in Great Britain will find, develop and deliver the winning post products direct to you.

Last edited:
So this begs the question of whether the eggs folks are buying are even fresh, or flown in from UK...I'm really not positive why or how, but the whole 'brand' is exceedingly sticky-feeling to me...

I'm not against people selling a product for what the market will bear. It's that there are some questions that linger and the lack of forthcoming about prices and whatnot.

I'll stay away.

Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom