!! Chocolate Orpingtons & Chicken Calculator !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renie'sPeeps :

I am a sceptic...
sad.png
you know the old saying.... A fool and his money are soon parted. I am going to stick with Green Fire Farms at least they have established a good reputation. They might get some LF Choc one day. I will be enjoying with my BBS and GL until then.

pls read some of the threads here on BYC about Green Fire Farms birds before you say they have a good reputation... the silver Sussex thread comes to mind...​

I think there's some deep digging anyone should do prior to spending big bucks on a breed/variety/color. It's not wrong for folks to capitalize on an investment, but it is wrong to scheme to drag down probabilities to bleed the consumer.

Quote:
I think this is the same person who is dealing with Harmony Hills Farms and the same person that Msbear was referring to.

I would recommend sticking with radirevo as we have seen actual pictures of his birds or with Greenfire.

We have seen two different import permits that Harmony Hills has provided on their auctions, but we have not seen any export permits from the exporter in the UK.

Chocolate orpingtons are already in the United States and are being worked on by reputable breeders other than these folks who are trying to corner the market with scare tactics and bad mouthing. Give it one or two years and these birds will be readily available at a reasonable cost. At that point all you need is one bird carrying the chocolate gene and a nice selection of black orpgingtons to cross onto and there will be plenty of genetic diversity. All that talk about genetic stagnation is silly. It's a color, people! LOL

Quote:
That's so wrong!

I don't get this.... would you please explain what is wrong with any honest person selling any product at a rate that people want to buy it for and they get accused of being wrong? They aren't drug dealers, they aren't stealing, they aren't hiding anything, personally I respect honest, hard working and thinking people that make an income to fund their lives, their families and not be a burden on society. I do not respect people with this entitlement attitude that everything ought to be given to them. If you want Chocolate Orpingtons given to you, try asking on BYC and see how many are sent your way! This entitlement attitude is what is screwing up our entire country!

Andy in Fredericksburg
hmm.png

I share the concerns that most of you have expressed here, too. The whole thing is just too "murky" for me.

I don't understand this - on featherauction.com - the high bid on a pair of large fowl Chocolates was $5000 - it said the reserve was not met; yet on their website, it shows the price of a pair being only $1600. The high bid for a trio of Red Orps was $5000 and the reserve was not met - on the website, price listed as $1300 per pair. High bid for a trio of Jubilee Orps was $5000, reserve not met - price on website $900 a pair, and there are a few more like this. Does this make sense to anybody else? Or am I missing something?

I would also like to see photos of the parent stock here in the US. Anybody can apply and pay the fee and get a USDA import permit - does not mean any birds have been actually exported to the US by the breeder in England.

Quote:
That's so wrong!

I don't get this.... would you please explain what is wrong with any honest person selling any product at a rate that people want to buy it for and they get accused of being wrong? They aren't drug dealers, they aren't stealing, they aren't hiding anything, personally I respect honest, hard working and thinking people that make an income to fund their lives, their families and not be a burden on society. I do not respect people with this entitlement attitude that everything ought to be given to them. If you want Chocolate Orpingtons given to you, try asking on BYC and see how many are sent your way! This entitlement attitude is what is screwing up our entire country!

Andy in Fredericksburg
hmm.png

We LOVE honest people selling a good product. What we have a problem with is NOT honest people whom are using scare tactics and LYING about them being the only ones in the country to sell you legal chocolates. That is flat out not true. BUT, they are using these lies to corner the market and get as much profit as possible as soon as possible before this all blows up in their face and, I think it's fair to chat about this and make some folks aware of what's really going on.

some people do have issues with GFF but, at the very least, he has PICTURES of his OWN birds on the ground in the US and isn't talking trash about everyone else and their cheap knock off chickens. C'mon people, it is a color... very well said, pawtraitart... No one gives a whoot about stagnation. They are going to be crossed with every breed of chicken under the moon to achieve chocolate in all of those breeds. The race is on and some do play dirty. The question is ... how dirty
cool.png

Quote:
And, how come it's always 5K not a dollar more or less... and, how come all the "bidders" have zero feedback.. sounds like ghost bidding to me

Another thing I've noticed they say in their auction ads - they say that they are the only ones to import directly from Great Britain. So what? Great Britain is not the only European country that has gorgeous orpingtons - Germany has some of the best Orps on the planet !! Just because some birds have been imported from another European country besides England does not mean they were illegally imported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom