Chocolate Orps have landed in the States!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually exchanged a few e-mails here lately with David Pownall regarding my blues and blacks. I'd love to see pictures of them.

I can't wait to see the blacks! I love them!
love.gif

I hadn't any intention of bidding on the Choc or any of the other varieties of egg auctions on EBAY or any other site by the same seller. But thought I would say from what the seller told me they are here in the USA, under quarrentine at JFK. Some 120 birds.

Quote:
She had called me for some Black Orp eggs 3 weeks ago, and I sold her a dozen & a dozen of my Birchen Marans eggs. She was initially worried to tell me who she was and I totally understood why. I had no intention to treat her any different then anyone else who is respectful and nice. I never asked any questions, she volunteered the info that I just mentioned. I had also talked to Minh several times before too. He is a business man. As seen on other threads posts recently. I have no ill feelings to anyone who is into bringing in these varieties. I rather make my own, which is what I told her and on BYC many many times. I can understand the amount she asks for her eggs. I think IF it was me buying minh's birds for the prices he would sell them to me, I would rather raise from the very best and hatch and sell as juvies is what I told her for the big bucks. I just think she will figure it out on her own how to get back the investment. Greenfire is selling UK varieties too and is learning how much is too much. Personally I am a patient guy and can wait for the market to adjust.
I believe she wanted my Blacks to better meet the APA quality in her Chocs, but she is disappointed with her Lavs and could use them there too. It is none of my business and told her IF she ever needed a criticizing eye on what she brought in I would tell her what I think and would do. The Birchen Marans are hard to find here as well. She has Marans and seemed to be nice. I think I read she is a member of the MOAC. I do not envy her postion at all. I have the money to have done what she is doing, except I like making things myself. And I am a cheap skate! I can make some of the varieties she has imported, and some more that you can see clearly on the Orp thread. I just like making it easy on myself cost wise, then I do not feel guilty when I ask $40 for a dozen eggs. Cause I made them. Their my own creation. I just have to get my numbers up and then there will be some competition for her to adjust to the market.

The market will adjust soon enough. Give it a year or two. I'll wait, thank you. Choc orps are already in the US without her birds. By this time next year she won't have any handle on these new genetics at all and she's not making any friends by making threats on her webpage towards any breeders who might try to compete with her. Not a solid business plan in my opinion, but I'm just a farm girl so who knows.
smile.png

From my calculations Harmony Hills had permits to bring in 215 total birds in two different deliveries. They post the permits on their auctions and if you look close it says that they got 100 birds March 1 then another 115 on the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom