Chocolate turkeys from Privett?

picklepat

Chirping
Mar 30, 2021
Has anyone had any experience with Privett hatchery for Chocolate turkeys? I ordered some chocolate turkeys and a few other breeds from a different hatchery and only one was alive the first batch, they sent replacements and I ordered 2 additional so that if I lost a couple I would still have some, all but 2 of those died in the first two days after getting the second shipment. Needless to say I don't want to order chocolates from them again although all the other turkeys are perfectly fine and I have ordered chicks before that are also fine. I got some Cayugas from Privett and only lost 1 out of 10 due to shipping so I wanted to try getting some chocolates from them. I believe from researching chocolates that they are much more fragile and die easily for no reason at all. If anyone has ordered Chocolate turkeys from Privett or anywhere else please let me know about your experience. Thank you!

Hi! I don’t have any information on privett’s chocolates, as i’ve never ordered from them, but I can say that chocolates should not be any more fragile or prone to death than other turkeys. It’s just that when they’re very young, all turkeys are fragile and weak. The most prominent issue with chocolates is that most don’t breed true, buts that’s a whole other issue from survivability. Some have the strength to make it through shipping, and for others it was just too rough. I hope if you order from privett’s, all survive!

Thanks for your input. I haven't decided if I'm gonna get them again. I really want to but I'm paranoid they're all gonna die again and I cannot find anyone even close to where I live that has any to buy local.

Back
Top Bottom