Cholesterol

Quote:
I read that to DH. He cracked up.
smile.png

Here's the chart from the Mother Earth News article that depicts all the data of commercial eggs vs pastured eggs
eggchart.jpg

Quote:
Hoo boy! Even at my age the stupidity of some folks never ceases to amaze and confound me! Ok I could be nicer and say the ignorance of some people but with tons of information so easily accessible these days is there any excuse for such ignorance!!?

Quote:
Hoo boy! Even at my age the stupidity of some folks never ceases to amaze and confound me! Ok I could be nicer and say the ignorance of some people but with tons of information so easily accessible these days is there any excuse for such ignorance!!?

It makes me sad more than anything. Where is the common sense anymore?!

Quote:
smile.png

Here's the chart from the Mother Earth News article that depicts all the data of commercial eggs vs pastured eggs
http://millriverfarm.com/images/eggchart.jpg

Hubby to be and I had a chuckle on the way home. You hear this crazy crap all the time though, is the scary thing. People have no idea about anything anymore.

Great chart
thumbsup.gif

I find that doing a search with the google search button on the upper right helps a lot. Here is what I found for you
In November 2007, Mother Earth News published the results from their second egg-testing project, showing that compared to official U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrient data for commercial eggs, eggs from hens raised on pasture contained:

* 1/3 less cholesterol
* 1/4 less saturated fat
* 2/3 more vitamin A
* 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
* 3 times more vitamin E
* 7 times more beta carotene

Quote:
smile.png

http://millriverfarm.com/images/eggchart.jpg

Hubby to be and I had a chuckle on the way home. You hear this crazy crap all the time though, is the scary thing. People have no idea about anything anymore.

Great chart
thumbsup.gif

Thanks...we use it on our website and our egg customer handout...with credits to Mother Earth News of course, and a link to their article on our site.

Yeah, it really is scary...and sad...what people don't seem to know or understand about food. Our food distribution system has people too far removed from their food source. So far removed in fact that many just eat what's put out there without question.

A common question we get from farmers market customers is "but how do you know what's in season?" - for example when they're asking for strawberries in March and it's too early for them here. People are so accustomed to see anything and everything at all times of the year (trucked in) in grocery stores. And so few people garden that they are out of touch with what the growing seasons even are. Again...scary...sad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom