Chooks on holiday!

I don't truly know because I only made it last night. I don't think so for two reasons.

I put it where it is #1 because it is next to the big door and easy to fill (I'm going to buy an angled funnel from a car parts store today) and also because it is next to the roost and so will be covered with a tarp when rainy and at night when dewy.

I bought plugs that fit the holes for when the coop travels so I don't have to empty it and if it is really rainy I can always plug it and put their old feeder back in.

I just want to make it really easy for my friends to look after the chickens so I made an auto feeder and auto waterer for the coop.

Also we are in San Diego and it isn't that rainy here.
Well, a tarp should take care of it :) ...and it is just a temporary situation.

Took the bockins over last night. They did NOT like the car ride at all... any tips about that? They seemed to settle very nicely despite the hour being late and were enjoying pecking at our friend's lawn as we set up (8.30 at night!) and were starting to roost as we left. The coop was 2" too big for the truck ARGH so it went in diagonally. Very frustrating! It did fit easily through my friend's gate though.

DS (12) hand cut a rooster for the coop from thin plywood. I think it really looks good :)

VERY nice rooster sillouette!!
You are a talented family and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, tho this *is* my mantra, How'd he do that???

He says he found a picture he liked and taped it to the plywood then used a dremel to drill holes along the line and then broke it along the line then sanded the nubbly bits off. I painted it to match the rest of the coop.

Thanks everyone :) I will tell DH, he is still smarting from me calling it an "easy job".

Back
Top Bottom