sassysarah

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,
I was wondering if you all think this horse has a good confirmation?
I Am Looking For A Barrel Prospect and I think this one looks good.
He is 15.1 hands and 6 years old.
I am interested in other horses too. But he looks the best to me.
00v0v_dLvgjhtfpmB_1200x900 (1).jpg

2 year old filly.
Not sure how tall.
Screenshot_2018-03-06-00-13-06.png

I am supposed to have her delivered this Saturday if things work out with her.
She is 5 years old and about 14 hands. Are smaller horses not as good for barrel racing as taller ones?
This is her.
00N0N_d3B1xru4t40_1200x900.jpg
00a0a_eE50p9ifWwl_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

• 00w0w_8svyeTW7BEK_1200x900.jpg
    00w0w_8svyeTW7BEK_1200x900.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 5
I don't know much about barrel racing since I ride english, But I would go with an older/taller one. I only buy horses at the age of 7+ since the younger ones are more stubborn and harder to train, Especially for beginners. Go with the painted or try and find an older one that specializes in barrel racing.

I don't know a lot about barrel horses, but I'd think a long-backed horse could turn quicker & sharper, and a long-legged horse could cover more ground faster & with less effort. Just my thoughts, right or wrong; all my horses were used for field trials.

I
I am supposed to have her delivered this Saturday if things work out with her.
She is 5 years old and about 14 hands. Are smaller horses not as good for barrel racing as taller ones?
This is her.
View attachment 1285577 View attachment 1285578
Hi I think 14.2 to 15.1 the preferred hight, been 20 years since I barrel raced. Don't know about the third mare the angle and shadow make the neckline look even. Lower neckline needs to be shorter for balance. The second one is to have young,but make a good prospect time to lay a good foundation and grow. Remember your pocket is were time is gained or lost.if you can post better photos it would help on conformation. We had a horse years ago that was dead quiet but show him the barrels and he could turn and burn. You are the only judge of Personality and trainability.

the best advice would be to go evaluate the horses in person with your trainer or someone experienced in the sport. photos are not the best way to compare any animal, especially if not all of the photos are showing the animals in the exact same position.

What are the bloodlines on each of these? I know bloodlines don't make the horse,but they let you know of potential. Doc Bar,Dash For Cash,Bugs Alive in 75,Frenchmans Guy,etc.

I can tell you right now that the mare isn' set up for barrels. She's cute,but won't be a serious contender. The 2yr filly would be my prospect. BUT,many people don't want to wait the 3 or so years until they can seriously run barrels.

Goodluck,but it all comes down to having fun.

Back
Top Bottom