1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Christmas Gift!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by bigredfeather, Dec 26, 2009.

1. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    I got a requested Christmas gift today. I got "Anyone Can Build A Tub-Style Mechanical Chicken Plucker." I have already read it once, and have the wheels in my head turning already. I will be butchering my first batch of meaties April 24th, so hopefully I will have it up and running by then. I have a neighbor who a connection for anything you can think of, so when I fully understand how this is constructed, I am going to pay him a visit. It will be neat to see how much everything is going to cost compared to others.

Wish me luck!

2. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Ahh, the gift that keeps on giving! Is that the book about the Whiz-Bang Plucker? Everyone I know who has built one LOVES it! I think it helps to have a good motor that is protected from the water, there are others here who can give you better details. And also to have wheels & a handle for easy transport. Happy building, & plucking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by