Christmas in October block Swap

Sign me up
I have you down welcome to the swap and to
welcome-byc.gif
you did read the first post for the requirements? Sorry just checking.

I have to change my block. I can't make that a 12 × 12
sad.png
. I'll find one.

Happy Easter everyone!!
ok I think I can help you with your measurements, make 4 blocks 5.5 and your strips 2 inches and doing your quarter inch seams should put you at 12.5 if I figured right, sew the ribbon strips on to the blocks seperately there will be intersections but from a distance it will blend,

anyone else that is good with figuring sizes please chime in, but if you want to find another block that is great too. remember the block should finish at 12.5x12.5 for seam allowance. I still have to fine my block, I have the fabrics, oh what to do!!!

Ok, to make the box block, the finished square would be 12 x 12 by having a finished rectangle of 4 1/2 tall by 5 3/4 wide with a 1/2" sashing and the bow strip would be 2 1/2". Cut 4 rectangles 5 x 6 1/4. Cut 2 sashing 1" wide x 6 1/4, and one sashing 1" x 10 1/2". Then the bow is cut 2 white strips 3" x 4 1/2 and the center bow finished would be 4" finished. I haven't taken the time to figure out bow, if you want, I could. Hope this helps!

Bow- cut 3 white 2 1/2 x 4 1/2. Cut 2 squares in color material - 2 1/2 x 2 1/2. Sew each square to one corner of the white strip from outer top corner to centeR. Fold top corner down and trim underneath. Sew finished bow to 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 strips on each side and attach to finished bottom. Block done

I thought the block would be 12 x12. So glad you clarified. Thank you katsdar and farmgirlLynn. You guys are awesome. I'll try it again with those measurements this week. I tried several times and just kept goofing myself into frustration. Math is obviously not a strong suit for me at all. And for some reason I kept thinking I needed a border on all 4 sides but don't really. Again, thank you both so much!

Last edited:
I thought the block would be 12 x12. So glad you clarified. Thank you katsdar and farmgirlLynn. You guys are awesome. I'll try it again with those measurements this week. I tried several times and just kept goofing myself into frustration. Math is obviously not a strong suit for me at all. And for some reason I kept thinking I needed a border on all 4 sides but don't really. Again, thank you both so much!
Use farmgirl lynn's measurments and can't wait to see you block finished it is really cute

Back
Top Bottom