Christmas in October block Swap

I think that the sashing in the middle of the blocks need to be larger! So add an inch to the sashing making the sashing cut at 2".
There fore the blocks would be cut 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

And I think the bow should be larger: So would cut 2 white 2 1/2" x 4" and 1 white 2 1/2" x 5 1/2". then the colored squares would be a rectangle of 2 1/2" x 2 3/4".

I made the square today, and felt the bow was small and so was the white inner strips.
So will make a new one tomorrow! Easy block to make.

Are you doing the block so that it will be 12.5? If the squares are 5.5 and the bow part 2", then I'm sill short .5" ?

I've been perusing the Quilter's Cache and would like to do the Snowball Fourpatch block. I wondered if I should let you know.

We have a cut price fabric supplier coming to a village near Lincoln on Sunday. I shall be able to get the fabric there. They come twice a year. In typical Quilter's style, tea and cakes will be there too.

I've been perusing the Quilter's Cache and would like to do the Snowball Fourpatch block. I wondered if I should let you know.

We have a cut price fabric supplier coming to a village near Lincoln on Sunday. I shall be able to get the fabric there. They come twice a year. In typical Quilter's style, tea and cakes will be there too.
Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday!

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday!

It is because you see so many people from all over the county there. Lincolnshire is pretty big for Enland (3 hrs driving from top to bottom, about 1.5 to 2 from side to side) so I'll probably see people I haven't seen for ages. I'll take a picture if I can of the rows of fabric bolts at half price on tables all the way up the village hall!

Here is the contact for the snowball nine patch....

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SnowballNinePatchBlock.html

Never mind I did not go throught he whole pattern. Each snowball and each 9p is 6 1/2 ".

I made a snowball quilt once, very cute. but I like it with the 9p added.

It is because you see so many people from all over the county there. Lincolnshire is pretty big for Enland (3 hrs driving from top to bottom, about 1.5 to 2 from side to side) so I'll probably see people I haven't seen for ages. I'll take a picture if I can of the rows of fabric bolts at half price on tables all the way up the village hall!

Here is the contact for the snowball nine patch....

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SnowballNinePatchBlock.html
sounds like a lot of fun and can end up being very detrimental to your pocket book, we know your block but not your colors!!! I'm still looking for a pattern

Back
Top Bottom