Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
Everyday. Bc you can't help it. Lol. Honestly I saw most development in my babies at like day 4 and 5? Went from small spot to woah splotches and some veins. Then at around day 7 or 8 when you could see little wiggly bodies.

Great. Now I want to hatch more. Oh ffs :barnie:gig
I really really would love to candle them every day. They'll get tired of being subjected to a bright light and probably leave the stage. Not that I wish time to fly more than it already does, but I'm really looking forward to tomorrow evening so I can candle!

Since I have growth in a white silke egg, my friend talked me into setting 7 more that I dug out of my egg basket. Hubby hasn't noticed yet, or at least he hasn't said anything 🤣 she said she'll take them or at least find homes for them. The fancy silkies will remain in the Brinsea through hatching, I'll move the late eggs to the NR360 for their last 5 to 6 days (if any develop). I don't want to risk the fancy silkies at all. The white silkies are pet quality and surprisingly great layers. They started laying at 19 weeks old and from the 2 pullets I'm getting at least 1 egg per day and a few days per week I have two. They are smaller than LF layers of course but bigger than the fancy sikkies, so even if they aren't used for breeding they are still super cute and beneficial.

Good morning eggies, wake up! Time for growing school!

GIF by Paul Robertson

Everyday. Bc you can't help it. Lol. Honestly I saw most development in my babies at like day 4 and 5? Went from small spot to woah splotches and some veins. Then at around day 7 or 8 when you could see little wiggly bodies.

Great. Now I want to hatch more. Oh ffs :barnie:gig
Oh, I forgot to say, HATCH MORE FLUFFS! You know you need to.

Saturday evening update, I'll have another tomorrow, but umm... as we've discussed I have the common "lack of patience" issue 🙃

1. @21hens-incharge Cindy Lou Who
2. @CrazyChickLady64 Fluff
3. @ElfenLied89 Dasher - D5 candling showed possible growth
4. @Patiocoturnix Buddy
5. @Shabby Chic-Hens Jovie - D4 candling showed growth
6. @The Welch Chickens Candy Cane - quitter will double check tomorrow
7. @Shabby Chic-Hens Matana
8. @GreenJay Mistletoe
9. @Sally PB Star - D4 candling showed growth
10. @TwoCrows Max
11. @fluffycrow Nicholas - quitter will double check tomorrow
12. @ChickyCh00k Jingle
13. @tlcmurphy Eggnog - D4 candling showed growth
14. @Debbie292d. Hope
Home eggs with growth! All these eggs have the same white silkie
Set 11/26
a. White silkie @chickens105 Cotton Ball

Set 11/27
A. EE
B. Ee

And, I don't think my hubby has noticed yet, but I set 7 more white silkie eggs yesterday after I saw the development of the one. I'll check them mid next week and add to this list if any are growing, hehe 😉

@Chive @chickens105 @Leatherworker
I have 3 more eggs with development and available for naming! I think to be fair you three will have first dibs on these three, after that they (and any following ones) will be open to be claimed by anyone who is rooting for an egg that quit or was a clear.

Last edited:
Saturday evening update, I'll have another tomorrow, but umm... as we've discussed I have the common "lack of patience" issue 🙃

4. @Patiocoturnix Buddy
8. @GreenJay Mistletoe
10. @TwoCrows Max
12. @ChickyCh00k Jingle
14. @Debbie292d. Hope
Set 11/26
a. White silkie

Set 11/27
A. EE
B. Ee

And, I don't think my hubby has noticed yet, but I set 7 more white silkie eggs yesterday after I saw the development of the one. I'll check them mid next week and add to this list if any are growing, hehe 😉

I have 3 more eggs with development and available for naming! I think to be fair you three will have first dibs on these three, after that they (and any following ones) will be open to be claimed by anyone who is rooting for an egg that quit or was a clear.
Thanks for asking and I would love to be a part of your hatch along! I take it the breed is White Silkie?? If so I think I will name my chick Cotton Ball - but it can be Cotton for short! 🥰

4. @Patiocoturnix Buddy
8. @GreenJay Mistletoe
10. @TwoCrows Max
12. @ChickyCh00k Jingle
14. @Debbie292d. Hope
Set 11/26
a. White silkie

Set 11/27
A. EE
B. Ee

Hope isn't a quitter, nor dead from the bump?

I Hope Friendship GIF by Hallmark Channel

Thanks for asking and I would love to be a part of your hatch along! I take it the breed is White Silkie?? If so I think I will name my chick Cotton Ball - but it can be Cotton for short! 🥰
Yep, Tractor Supply silkies 😊 should be recessive white.

Cotton Ball!
20231202_181056.jpg
The cockerels Nu and Heavy
20231108_190352.jpg

The pullets the egg is from (not sure which one)
Base
20231016_185832.jpg

Cappy Llama
20231011_182747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom