Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
Chicks, in the house, All Winter Long, dust everywhere, the stink, the stress, the doubts and second guesses...
And then ypu will realize your response to early eggs should have been no's instead of yeses!
OH drat, you just reminded me I left my 3 little silkie cherubs in the playpen in the livingroom while I dusted out the brooder. :lau

Even with horse bedding pellets, they manage to put a thick coat of dander on their light fixture, walls, and ceiling of it. Amazing all that comes from 3 little birds.

OH drat, you just reminded me I left my 3 little silkie cherubs in the playpen in the livingroom while I dusted out the brooder. :lau

Even with horse bedding pellets, they manage to put a thick coat of dander on their light fixture, walls, and ceiling of it. Amazing all that comes from 3 little birds.
I have 9 silkie cherubs and this one came out to hang with us for a bit. Pooped 3 times (thank goodness for old raggy towels), took a short nap, did a full body preen session, and just generally looked cute.

20231211_202127.jpg

They sure can produce a lot of dust to clean up!

I candled the 6 splash eggs and moved them to the NR360, I have it pretty stable on temp now (set to 100.0, wrapped in a towel, in the livingroom) and the humidity is up. They don't look quite right, I still see some veins in a couple so I put them all in lockdown, I hope that was the right choice...

I took little Jovie for comparison and, wow, big difference from the other eggs, she even waved a big "hello, and thanks for the cheers!" to you all 😃

Unrelated, but we had our first measurable snow last night! It was in the 50s ans raining yesterday, rained late into the night, then turned to snow. It was beautiful, and the roads were clear, perfect! Here's a photo from the commute, 70mph photo... (I wasn't driving!)
20231211_084152.jpg

T
I have 9 silkie cherubs and this one came out to hang with us for a bit. Pooped 3 times (thank goodness for old raggy towels), took a short nap, did a full body preen session, and just generally looked cute.

View attachment 3703408

That's a gorgeous picture with the Christmas tree in the background! ❤️

View attachment 3703408

What a beautiful photo! ❤

I candled the 6 splash eggs and moved them to the NR360, I have it pretty stable on temp now (set to 100.0, wrapped in a towel, in the livingroom) and the humidity is up. They don't look quite right, I still see some veins in a couple so I put them all in lockdown, I hope that was the right choice...

I took little Jovie for comparison and, wow, big difference from the other eggs, she even waved a big "hello, and thanks for the cheers!" to you all 😃

Unrelated, but we had our first measurable snow last night! It was in the 50s ans raining yesterday, rained late into the night, then turned to snow. It was beautiful, and the roads were clear, perfect! Here's a photo from the commute, 70mph photo... (I wasn't driving!)
View attachment 3703411
Gorgeous photo, even at 70mph! 🤣

Lockdown day for the original eggs I set! With the splash eggs in the NR360 I've decided to do lockdown in the Brinsea and just subject the Wilkies to higher humidity for the few days.

My hubby decided I might need another Brinsea for Christmas, we're a dangerous team 😬
Lockdown day, :woot

Let's go eggies, you can do it!!!
You Got This GIF

I am SO jealous, you've got the best hubby EVER!!!! :D

Lockdown day, :woot

Let's go eggies, you can do it!!!
You Got This GIF

I am SO jealous, you've got the best hubby EVER!!!! :D
He has a soft spot for animals and a huge soft spot for me 😊 we have a concept of a new 20x56' chicken area with a big coop and multiple runs. It's a big investment though so we still aren't sure we'll do it. Or, we might start it piece by piece and expand as we go.

Back
Top Bottom