Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
You've got this down, but yes, a week is way better than 2 days. The humidity won't be a huge issue though if you're just a little late as it's the average that matters. Maybe crank it up by 10% where they are as that won't hurt anything but would be a little closer to what the ones hatching will need.

I never remember silkies hatching early. They're supposed to be 19 days but I swear it's never been 19 days, more like 20 or 21 even.

I have the same two incubators, I believe if your Brinsea is a 56EX. I've never hatched in the Brinsea as I move them all at lockdown time to the NR360 that has the wheel removed and rubbery shelf liner on it. I think I mentioned this before as it's like Dejavu as I type it lol.

I go from right to left as the left is the side where the door is so I can peek in easier.
Do you have trouble with the NR360s getting warm enough? I've had this one plugged in for a few hours and it isn't getting over 96.2 deg and the room is 72. I just wrapped it with a towel. I hate to move eggs into it if it can't get warm enough. The other one I had plugged in since yesterday and it's still flashing, I didn't have a thermometer in it today, I did the other day and it never got warm enough either.

My Brinsea is the Ovation Advance, so the middle model. I like it a lot!

Splash egg photos, I saw this veins by the air cell on 3 eggs, one I wasn't sure and 2 I think are quitters but I left them in for today.

I think these are quitters:
20231210_194446.jpg
20231210_194507.jpg

I think these may be ok!
20231210_203317.jpg
20231210_194810.jpg

Do these look right for Day 17?

But good news, I candled everyone (yeah yeah, I just did that the other day...) but I wanted to see the development of Jovie, Star, and Eggnog in comparison to the splash eggs, and then I couldn't stop myself, I was on an egg roll. 🤣

Everyone looks great! Little Grinch, Max 2.0, Noel, Jovie, Star and Eggnog are filling in nicely 🤩 Hioni, Candy Cane #2, Fruitcake, Frosty, Icecicle, and Mantana 2 all have wonderful vein networks!

Christmas Time Waiting GIF

But good news, I candled everyone (yeah yeah, I just did that the other day...) but I wanted to see the development of Jovie, Star, and Eggnog in comparison to the splash eggs, and then I couldn't stop myself, I was on an egg roll. 🤣

Everyone looks great! Little Grinch, Max 2.0, Noel, Jovie, Star and Eggnog are filling in nicely 🤩 Hioni, Candy Cane #2, Fruitcake, Frosty, Icecicle, and Mantana 2 all have wonderful vein networks!

Christmas Time Waiting GIF
:woot

Back
Top Bottom