Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
So after taking pictures of my two French hens yesterday I was inspired to put 2 more on the milk can.

Blue is French on her father’s side of the family. Her dad is a French BCM mother is an EE with any luck she will start laying olive eggs soon.
View attachment 3706255
Axl is not a hen but everyone likes pictures of cockerels. Unfortunately Jack Frost has been nipping at his comb but he is on the mend. View attachment 3706256
Beautiful birds, Axl is a handsome boy! ❤

So after taking pictures of my two French hens yesterday I was inspired to put 2 more on the milk can.

Blue is French on her father’s side of the family. Her dad is a French BCM mother is an EE with any luck she will start laying olive eggs soon.
View attachment 3706255
Axl is not a hen but everyone likes pictures of cockerels. Unfortunately Jack Frost has been nipping at his comb but he is on the mend. View attachment 3706256
gorgeous pictures!

Show hubby this
IMG-ed33b3c3b65ff9689cd77aa69c40829f-V.jpg

I like this idea. Hubs stared at me like 😑

The anticipation is insane!!!!! I think the earliest one could hatch is tomorrow and the latest should be Tuesday as I think the SLW and one of the EE eggs I set on the 27th while all the others were the 26th.

I'm having trouble getting the humidity up, I have both reservoirs full (that keeps in between 40 and 50%) I added a jam jar with water, wetted a sponge plus have a papertowel dampened in there. The sponge and paper towel dry out fairly quickly and the humidity then falls back to 45 to 50%. I also have to crack the lid open to add the water for everything so I know that's a no-no for lockdown.
Oh gosh, I thought we had the same one. You don't have the auto humidity on yours or it's not hooked up? I just set it up or down and only need to worry about it being too high, never too low. I have an aquarium hose hooked from the pump to a jug of distilled water and don't usually have to touch anything.

Oh gosh, I thought we had the same one. You don't have the auto humidity on yours or it's not hooked up? I just set it up or down and only need to worry about it being too high, never too low. I have an aquarium hose hooked from the pump to a jug of distilled water and don't usually have to touch anything.
Mine is the Advance so manual humidity control. I was looking at the Brinsea site to see if I could buy a humidity pump but I didn't see one. I think it will be easier to increase in the summer, it's fairly humid here spring through fall.

Back
Top Bottom