Christmas Present Ideas Using Eggs?

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
Not sure if this is the right category. But i just got to thinking today that Christmas is right around the corner. We are broke, broke, broke this year, but my girls are laying like crazy (thanks to my new Red Star Hooligans!). i was wondering what one might create with eggs, either using the shells or the egg itself, to make yummy or interesting Christmas presents.

Some ideas are pickled eggs (if i could perfect a good recipe). Maybe blow the eggs and decorate the blown shell with glitter and such to make a xmas tree decoration?

You all are such innovative folk, i was hoping to get a few ideas to make it through the holidays without spending a bundle.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

I was thinking along the lines of blowing them out and making ornaments. Swirl colors on them, add a little glitter and shelac it. I think I am gonna try that myself. I am also collecting my feathers to glitter and make ornaments. We are so broke we may not be able to get gifts for our kids - they are 19, 19 and 17 so they understand.

POUND CAKE
thumbsup.gif

and you can blow the insides out, and still make the shells look PREATY
bun.gif

Why not make some home made noodles....with your eggs...put them in a basket with the recipe...and a dozen eggs...maybe all the ingredients to make the noodles. Or, some home made cookies...breads..in the basket with eggs,recipe, and ingredients. We are in the same boat as many...so..its a " home made" Christmas this year. Baskets with home made jams,jellies,pickles, and breads.

How about putting cookie or muffin ingredients in a mason jar or another type of jar....adding a cloth Christmas pattern around the lid with a ribbon.Then attach a hand written recipe and either attach the eggs or place them inside maybe in saran wrap ....I bet there are some Jar recipes on the internet ....I think I am going to do this and on the eggs I am going to print Merry Christmas from the Girls...

I'll be doing this even with my quail eggs which are very pretty all by themselves. I'd need to check a recipe but I'm sure I've made lemon curd and used some egg yolks that way. Cakes are a great idea. I'll be making breads too. And pasta, wow! I hadn't thought of that. I'll be adding that to my list. Thanks for the ideas!
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom