Christmas Spending Poll

How much have you spent on Christmas this year?

• Less than $100?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $101-$200?

• $201-$300

• $301-$400

• More than $401

• So much that adding it up would give you a headache?

• Total voters
We spent under $200 for the DDs, the son-in-law, the GS and my Dad's gift.
What I spent on DH doesn't count
hide.gif

What DH spent on my puppy doesn't count either
My Christmas, my rules.
tongue2.gif

Luckily we scrimped and saved money with a bit of hubby's overtime work....we were lucky and then we decided what we needed and not spend much on toys. It is the quality, not quantity. Christmas has gotten to be too commercialized. So all of us have simple wants, like for myself, a crockpot, pot holders, a good cutting knife while dd gets some Lego, homemade Lego table, crayons and coloring books. Hubby gets socket sets in two different sizes, motorcycle repair kit that I was lucky to find for CHEAP, a sweatshirt. Simple! We have everything we need to have to have food and warm clothes and not enough luxury stuff like we used to.

It looks like everyone is getting frugal with their shopping, its a GOOD thing! It would bring back the meaning of Christmas!

My parents asked me what I want for Xmas, I told them, my family and FOOOOOOD! Always plenty of leftovers and jolly good fun! For small gifts, which they know we are on limited budget, we would give them gift certificate to Olive Garden and the one month membership pass at the Y. My two nephews will get their Burger King coupons. My niece is starting to learn to cook so I g'ot her some mitts and Avon gifts. my sister woudl get a bottle of Monical's dressing.

I voted $400 but I think it might be a little more, we spent about $50 per child (X2), and then around $70 for the inlaws, I spent $100 for DH and I have no clue what he has spent on me.

We spent over $400, however we have 5 kids, their significant others, two brothers, a mother, a grandson and a dontknowwhattocallhim baby, and each other to buy for. Not bad considering.....

We have so many people on our gift list that even with making several gifts by hand it still costs a small fortune at Christmas. Oh well... it's good to have lots of friends and family. I FEEL rich even when I'm poor after he holidays.
big_smile.png

I have 2 kids to buy for. And a DH. It is skimpy but.....They are my kids.

The rest of the family gets homemade stuff or candles or something on those lines.

I counted the goodies that I bought to make cakes and cookies and Christmas dinner. And yarn, and tennis balls, And A few presents, it was over 200 but under 300. I do not imagine I will use all of the baking supplies before Christmas...The insulin that will be required would send us over the financial edge.

Nuts and candied fruit are $$$
ep.gif

Normally we spend $100 on each son and $20 on each other. But I was laid off from my teaching job after Thanksgiving. We've scraped up enough to get them something, but the boys have agreed that only santa will get them christmas gifts, and mommy & Daddy will buy them valentine's presents (I file taxes mid-january, to get the refund in Feb).

Back
Top Bottom