Christmas Spending Poll

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Less than $100?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $101-$200?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $201-$300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $301-$400

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More than $401

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. So much that adding it up would give you a headache?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Do BYCers spend more or less than the national average?

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I spent 200 on each of my girls-normally it would be alot more but lack of funds has really tightened the purse strings. I incorporated what the girls "need" and want
    New snow pants-gloves-hats-plus some Wii games and controllers-books-clothes-bendaroos-movies-boots-bras-undies-socks-I hunt down serious sales at areopostle (sp)? and Amazon...I let the rest of the family get the "goods" I wont and cant spen the $ on...We are NOT buying for adults this year-I made egg decorations for all their trees for gifts..I swapped alot of my eggs for jams-soaps-jewlery-fudge-all from BYCers to give too~we have a 25$ limit on all nieces and nephews-which I have 9 of...

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

$0

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Ok Cyn-how on earth do you do that?? I mean from reading all your threads I know your a very crafty person with gifts and such but you spend not 1 dime?? What is your secret???

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I got gifts for 6 people and spent less than $120. Im happy with that.

6. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    I spent more than usual this year because I got a Wii with accessories and games for my son and I and it is the only gift coming from me to him. I have other items from the man in red but no toys this year books and movies and still don't know if he will leave presents or a lump of coal. My family thinks I am being cruel considering not giving him anything but his behaviour has me seriously considering it. He has a bad case of the gimmes since his birthday at the end of October we go anywhere and he wants something geez

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I only bought for my 2 kids and one of my older sons gifts is going to have to wait till next week and Im making cookies and dryer balls for my family. But I dont think I spent more than $100 even if you add the ingredients for the cookies because I have most of them on hand. Im pretty frugal with the gift buying and neither of my kids really wanted anything special this year. My youngest wanted a Chuck My Talking Truck which is $30 but my sister is getting him that. Older son only wants a new MP3 player but Im not spending more than $20 on that because he goes thru them and that will probably be bought next week. And he wants tools which I will get at Big Lots because he looses them.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  8. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Well, I spent a minimum, but the Wife apparently had other concepts of a Christmas budget.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Ok Cyn-how on earth do you do that?? I mean from reading all your threads I know your a very crafty person with gifts and such but you spend not 1 dime?? What is your secret???

[​IMG]

10. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    Less than 100 dollars.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by