Chronic Mites..cull or cure?

I have the answer. I once purchased some birds that had these very small brown mite. It looked like dirt around their vent, there were so many. Now Sevin Dust can kill the common mite and lice, but these couldn't be killed. I dust, I'd spray and two weeks later repeat, but they would never vanish. Then one poultry showman told me the trick - it's called Frontline Spray. It comes in an 8 oz. spray bottle. It costs around $30 a bottle. Squirt once or twice on the vent , then once under the feathers onto its back skin. A bottle will service an entire flock for a long time so the cost is worth it. This is the ONLY thing I have every found to get rid of all bugs. You can use it on your dogs and cats ( that's what its actually for). No need to spray your entire chicken house because lice and mite live on flesh. If they can't get on your animals they won't survive. Frontline will do the trick.

I completely agree with the Frontline-I have been using it for years with awesome results. It is a proper mite, flea etc. killer that gets them good without hurting your animals not some silly old wives tale or ineffective pet product. I can't talk too highly of it & recommend it to any poultry or pet owner. Results can be seen within the day.

I don't know if you have mentioned other birds in your flock? If you have a whole flock and this is the only bird that keeps getting mites....cull! If this is your only bird, treat the environment as well as the bird.

Most poultry/pet supply companies carry it. I purchased mine off of ebay. Another thing, these mites that I had trouble getting rid of did not infest all my birds in the barn. I only found these mites on a few of the birds. Still, I used it on all the birds, just in case.

Quote:
Where can I get this????? I can't kill the buggers!!!
barnie.gif

You can find it on ebay or just google frontline spray and several options pop up. Not a lot of feed and farm stores have it. My guess is the cost. Also, many sell the little tubes for dogs. I was always told to use the spray and have done so. I feel if you do try this, you will not be sorry.

Yup! That's it. Remember, when sprayinjg their back work the nozzle under the feathers and spray, point blank, on the skin. Spraying the feathers just won't do.

Back
Top Bottom