Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

I do not believe I could work there for long.... i have small growing problem, meaning that I have All the window seals full of plants and often bring chicks to work
Window? What's a window? Technically my office has windows along 1 whole wall, but they just point into the rest of the building.... Yeah... it's annoying. I'm waiting for someone to say something about my rubber ducky that I put on my desk while I'm at work. I put it IN the desk when I leave, but I still figure someone will say something at some point. Or about my computer desktop image or lock screen, they aren't "approved" pictures. I've even gotten in trouble for a sticky note on my desk.

You can still salvage the wing you cut off if you want to pluck it, I just toss it because its not enough meat to fight for. If i was starving it would be a whole other story though.
If you cut at the 1st joint after the wing connection that’s the only place there really is meat. After that joint it’s pointless.

The little meat that I toss is enough to feed maybe an ant... it’s not much

You can still salvage the wing you cut off if you want to pluck it, I just toss it because its not enough meat to fight for. If i was starving it would be a whole other story though.
If I was starving I still wouldn’t want that part of the wing... I know I don’t eat meat, but the breast meat is the best on cornish!!!

*ponders the idea of cutting off the wing flat -- sacrificing half of my favorite piece of chicken.*

Nope. Can't possibly do it.

;)
I know! I love the wings. Growing up I was the only girl and always ended up with the wings for some reason. (First-born too, so whattheheck?) 🤷‍♀️😂 The crunchy, very flavorful wing tips are my favorite. Tossing the wings is just SO wrong! :lau :drool:love

If I was starving I still wouldn’t want that part of the wing... I know I don’t eat meat, but the breast meat is the best on cornish!!!

One reason we're considering the ranger type chickens (we'll probably try a batch of each), is that no one in the family is too crazy about white meat (except wings). We want big, meaty thighs and I have to be creative about breasts when I buy whole chickens. Usually I make homemade breaded chicken tenders but sometimes the only way to get DH to eat breast meat is to make chicken salad or chicken chili.

I only eat the breast meat myself, the rest goes to friends, I do not eat the one section of wing I save, I back it up with the drumstick and thighs and give it away. I am not much of a meat eater and when I eat meat its usually the whitest least flavorful cut of meat I can get. Exception is bacon, thats high flavor high fat and I love it. I eat meat because its healthy but I would rather eat beans. I also like the bone broth I get from the birds to cook my dry beans in. Bone Broth is very healthy and of all the parts of the chicken the bone broth turned out to be the best use of a chicken for me.

Back
Top Bottom