Chuck with pics added

cutiepieacres

Songster
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
S. CA
So Chuck (which is a combo of lucky & chick) is a one very special chick.

My mom went to the feed store yesterday and while there they noticed that there was a new pen of baby pullets for sale.

The resident feed store dog was pacing the perimeter of the pen and my sister was about to go pull the dog away since he was making the chicks nervous and a chick squeezed out. My sister chased the dog chasing the chick and they ended up underneath my moms truck. She got the dog away and they went on a chick hunt, but she was nowhere to be found. They went back in to finish with the feed and when they came back out my mom checked under the truck once more to make sure she wouldnt run it over incase it had come out of hiding.

They told the people at the feedstore to be on the lookout and left. They brought the feed home we drove it down the hill to unload and up a muddy slimy hill skidding up to the house. They hooked it up to the trailer and drove the 70 miles to the desert for a weekend of camping.

While sitting in the trailer that evening my sister thought she heard a chirping but figured the wind was making somthing squeak. It continued and she wasnt so sure of the wind theory so she went out with a flashlight following the sound to the underside of the truck, shinning the light underneath sitting on the leaf springs a little peeping chick!

This chick only a few days old has now escaped a dog, rode on the underside of a truck for over 70 miles, in the bitter cold(its been snowing) and wind.

They are coming home tomorrow, with Chuck and I cant wait to see our really Lucky little girl!

Last edited:
th.gif
OH MY!!!! We must see pics of this amazing little animal when she arrives home!!!

I know, I cant wait to meet this amazing little chick, I am not sure Ill believe it until I see her. I dont know how she survived, at least she doesnt have to ride home the same way she got there.

Quote:
I am not sure as I havent seen her to be able to make a guess, but as few as 4 days and maybe as much as 2 weeks. Shes just a baby! I dont know how she held on she must have found a spot just right to stow away in.

Back
Top Bottom