chukar eggs update

Danial S

In the Brooder
May 14, 2023
after the unfortunate passing of hedwig the chukar after only a couple hours of hatching, i placed the remaining eggs in the incubator- none fertile. We contacted the seller who sent us 6 eggs free of charge. They arrived, all with saddled air cells (rather bad ones too), one with an entirely detached air cell, and one cracked. i put all of the non-cracked eggs in the bator, 4 out five were fertile. on the fourth day (today), two had bloodrings. Now, only two remain and they seem to be developing rather strongly! fingers crossed for the two to hatch sucessfully and problem free.

after the unfortunate passing of hedwig the chukar after only a couple hours of hatching, i placed the remaining eggs in the incubator- none fertile. We contacted the seller who sent us 6 eggs free of charge. They arrived, all with saddled air cells (rather bad ones too), one with an entirely detached air cell, and one cracked. i put all of the non-cracked eggs in the bator, 4 out five were fertile. on the fourth day (today), two had bloodrings. Now, only two remain and they seem to be developing rather strongly! fingers crossed for the two to hatch sucessfully and problem free.
Wow, that is super sad. I hope that they both hatch and welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom