Cinnamon queen cockerel or pullet?

If it’s a CQ or not I really don’t care. I just wanted a layer and that was it. I don’t get what’s the huge issue if it’s a purebred or not? My question in the beginning was if y’all could give me advice if it was a pullet or cockerel. It wasn’t so everyone could go off on if it was a purebred or not as if that was my initial question. I was basing off of what the breeder said.

I'm sorry this was frustrating for you. It is annoying when you ask a simple question and it stirs up a whirlwind of responses going off on something you didn't actually care about.

The reason this particular "is it a girl or boy" got such a reaction is because with a true CQ you WOULD know by the chick down. That's the whole point of the CQ hybrid. There is NO guessing because the girls are red fawn down and the boys yellow.

Unscrupulous and ill educated breeders will play on the trustworthiness of selling sexed chicks by CQs to unsuspecting public. Which is why you got the responses you got.

I am giving the breeder a generous pass on their scruples, that they simply don't know.

But you SHOULD be able to purchase a CQ female chick by the down. That's why it's so important to understand the breed or hybrid you are dealing with. Because certain expectations come with certain breeds and sexable hybrids.

Again, I'm so sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for but a less than desired education on CQs.

The breeder is actually who should be on the forum and have some questions answered so they are no longer passing along misinformation.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have some girls. Watch the combs. With mixes of mixes I find the combs the best indicator.

LofMc

If it’s a CQ or not I really don’t care. I just wanted a layer and that was it. I don’t get what’s the huge issue if it’s a purebred or not? My question in the beginning was if y’all could give me advice if it was a pullet or cockerel. It wasn’t so everyone could go off on if it was a purebred or not as if that was my initial question. I was basing off of what the breeder said.
The issue with the breed matters when it comes to sexing the chicks. Some breeds can be sexed based off characteristics some can’t. People here mostly want To give you accurate info but facts matter. Hopefully you got a good layer that brings you enjoyment that’s what’s important

BFA72C64-CEC5-43D0-AED9-DAEAB57DD3C6.jpeg

Ok I know I definitely have a pullet but I don’t know what type of breed it is. Could be a mix of CQ with something else. Her feathers are getting more red.

Attachments

• F33856A6-F811-49BD-8FC6-B8FCB030020B.jpeg
    F33856A6-F811-49BD-8FC6-B8FCB030020B.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom