Cinnamon Rolls - It's what's for breakfast!

droolin.gif
th.gif

I think it best we not tell our husbands and boyfriends about Miss Prissy, I know mine will say why cant I bake like that
hu.gif

Quote:
lol.png
Thankfully I'm pretty good in a kitchen, or at least my DH thinks so.
smile.png

I don't think mine would complain about me either. So far today I've made bread, homemade noodles for the vegetable beef noodle soup we're having for lunch and I'm going to do cinnamon rolls this afternoon. Plus I help with cow chores. He better not complain anyway!!

Quote:
lol.png
Thankfully I'm pretty good in a kitchen, or at least my DH thinks so.
smile.png

I don't think mine would complain about me either. So far today I've made bread, homemade noodles for the vegetable beef noodle soup we're having for lunch and I'm going to do cinnamon rolls this afternoon. Plus I help with cow chores. He better not complain anyway!!

Mine wouldn't complain if you paid him. I'm a good cook and a better baker.
tongue.png

I love to bake, absolutely LOVE baking but with a husband with high blood sugar and a little girl with type one diabetes I've pretty much been forbidden to bake anymore. I would LOVE to have some imported vanilla sitting on my counter in a cool bottle though!!!!

My husband won't say a peep, as long as there is food on the table. He's even said that
big_smile.png
It's the times he comes in from outside, and I'm not feeling good (usually prenancy related) and nothing is made, that he gets huffy, and ends up going into town to get take out. We have been doing much better though, and do not eat out very much at all anymore.

And I made the cinnamon rolls today-got comments from the FIL too-said they were better then store bought! Ya think?
gig.gif

Instead of icing, for Philly style cinnamon rolls, you can mix a double amount of the brown sugar with an equal amount of soft butter and a good dash of cinnamon, then spread it on the bottom of the baking pan and on the inside of the roll before you roll it up. When baked, this turns into a lovely sticky syrup, and to cool the rolls you flip them out of the pan while still hot and let the syrup ooze all over the plate.

I'm lazy and I don't like washing another set of beaters.

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and you can substitute white sugar and finely grated orange or lemon peel for the brown sugar/cinnamon to make citrus rolls. Dried blueberries and cranberries instead of raisins are another good substitute. And if you do the syrup mix thing, you can also layer snitz (dried apples) in the pan before putting in the bread rolls if you're not that into raisins.

Last edited:
Yummy!
tongue.png

I wonder if I make the 3 1/2 hour drive to get one if there will be any left?!?!
big_smile.png
Probably not... I guess I'd better make some myself.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom