Cities in illinois.

zathious

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2022
Hi, my husband works in Bloomington Illinois. We are currently looking for a city within roughly an hour of bloomington that allows at least 6 hens. I have searched the site and haven’t found much thats current. The interactive map should of been amazing but it just takes me to a broken link. We are looking into Decatur but I’m hoping some of you can suggest places that i might have over looked. Doesnt have to be a big city. My daughter is autistic and is very attached to her babys. We have agreed that no chickens is a deal breaker. Thanks.

It might be best to find a home out of town, I think Decatur allows for 5 hens but I'll have to check.
Im still struggling to understand “online” lol i wanted to post in the Illinois section but couldn’t figure out how. We currently have five but thought it would be nice to have a little wiggle room since the laws req you to purchase a certain amount. If something happens to one and i have to buy two I don’t want to go over the limit. So far I think Decatur is the city with the least amount of requirements. We have thought of looking outside of the city but those houses are harder to find. Thnk for the help

Im still struggling to understand “online” lol i wanted to post in the Illinois section but couldn’t figure out how. We currently have five but thought it would be nice to have a little wiggle room since the laws req you to purchase a certain amount. If something happens to one and i have to buy two I don’t want to go over the limit. So far I think Decatur is the city with the least amount of requirements. We have thought of looking outside of the city but those houses are harder to find. Thnk for the help
4. KEEPING CHICKENS, FOWLS OR RABBITS. It shall be unlawful for any
person, firm or corporation to keep on any premises owned, occupied or controlled by him in the
City, any rabbits, chickens, ducks, pigeons, geese, or other domestic fowl unless such animals or
fowl are kept in an enclosure no part of which is within 50 feet of any dwelling house occupied
by human beings, except any dwelling house occupied by the owner or person in control of said
animal or fowl. Said animal or fowl shall not be located in the front yard or side yard as defined
by the City of Decatur Zoning Ordinance. (Amended, Ordinance No. 2020-105, July 20, 2020)
(Amended, Ordinance No. 2018-32, August 6, 2018)
5. SANITATION. All coops, hutches, doghouses, kennels, pens, enclosures or areas in
which any such animal or fowl is kept must be maintained in a sanitary manner without the
accumulation of dirt, offal, or urine and in such a manner as to prevent any disagreeable odor.
6. SALE OF FOWL. No person, firm or corporation shall sell or cause to be sold
chickens, ducklings or other fowl younger than eight weeks of age in quantities of less than 4 in
a single purchase for chickens and in quantities of less than two (2) in a single purchase for
ducklings or other fowl. (Amended, Ordinance No. 2020-105, July 20, 202

https://herald-review.com/news/loca...cle_469dfd67-1360-5ced-b270-756bac2bd5a0.html

Hi, my husband works in Bloomington Illinois. We are currently looking for a city within roughly an hour of bloomington that allows at least 6 hens. I have searched the site and haven’t found much thats current. The interactive map should of been amazing but it just takes me to a broken link. We are looking into Decatur but I’m hoping some of you can suggest places that i might have over looked. Doesnt have to be a big city. My daughter is autistic and is very attached to her babys. We have agreed that no chickens is a deal breaker. Thanks.
You can have up to 6 hens in Champaign (no roosters) according to section 7 of the municipal codes. You just have to get a permit for it
https://library.municode.com/il/cha...ces?nodeId=MUCO_CH7AN_ARTIINGE_S7-5KEANOTDOPE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613_124010_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230613_124010_Chrome.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 1
Try washington 61571

Back
Top Bottom