Citron Serbrights- how to breed female citorn colored?

Nenad

Songster
May 4, 2021
Serbia, Bačka Palanka
I tried to find info on citron colored sebright and only thing I found was if you create a sexlink - Male Gold laced and female Silver laced, you get gold laced females and citron males or reverse Silver male and gold female where you get silver females and citron males. Now are those males really citorn colored because I found also that in order to be citron, gold has to be diluted by Ig gene. Now if anyone can explain how and do sebright have that Ig gene? And how would you breed a female that is citron colored like that sexlinked male? I just stared learning about genetics and I will sure have more questions in future. Thanks

Silver Sebrights probably have the IG gene. So if you cross a silver female with a gold male you get males who are silver/gold heterozygote males and citron females. Breed them with their sisters and you should get some citron males as well.

Silver Sebrights probably have the IG gene. So if you cross a silver female with a gold male you get males who are silver/gold heterozygote males and citron females. Breed them with their sisters and you should get some citron males as well.
But isn't male gold laced x silver gold laced going to create gold laced females and citron males?

No the males aren’t citron they’re just expressing both gold and silver. The trick is to get the ig to express. The silvers may have the gene. Breed the males from the cross between silver females and gold males to their mothers and you will get some citron females provided that they carry the gene.

Due to many reports confirming this. It's now pretty much confirmed that Silver Sebright carry the autosomal recessive gold diluter cream ig (also known as citron in Europe). It will not come out on the first cross because it's recessive in nature.

I will try to keep this as simple as possible.

Gold Laced Sebright Are: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml/-Db/Db, Co/Co, s+/s+, Ig+/Ig+

Silver Laced Sebright Are: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml-Db/Db, Co/Co, S/S, ig/ig

The Citron(Lemon) mutation is actually the autosomal recessive cream ig.

Ig+ = Non-Citron, Wildtype found on Red Jungle Fowl. Autosomal Dominant in nature

ig = Citron/Lemon/Cream, autosomal recessive in nature and diluter of gold.

s+ = recessive sex linked gold
S = Dominant sex linked Silver

s+/s+ and ig/ig = True Citron/Lemon/Cream, both sexes carry it.

S/s+ and Ig+/ig = Golden, very similar in color to true Citron, but it does not breed true, only males can show it.

The F1 cross of Gold Laced male and Silver Laced females will be.

F1 Males: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-MI/MI-Db/Db, Co/Co, S/s+, Ig+/ig = They will look Lemon but not due to Citron, but due to Gold and Silver mixing on the same male.

F1 Females: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-MI/MI-Db/Db, Co/Co, s+/-, Ig+/ig = They will look gold because the females will only inherit their fathers sex linked gold gene and none of their dame Silver and because Ig+ is inhibiting the action of Citron.

You can input that in the Chicken Calculator to get the results of F1 x F1 crossing. You will end up with 25% true Citron.

I hope that is not too technical, I tried my best to simplify it the most I could without losing any important detail.

Due to many reports confirming this. It's now pretty much confirmed that Silver Sebright carry the autosomal recessive gold diluter cream ig (also known as citron in Europe). It will not come out on the first cross because it's recessive in nature.

I will try to keep this as simple as possible.

Gold Laced Sebright Are: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml/-Db/Db, Co/Co, s+/s+, Ig+/Ig+

Silver Laced Sebright Are: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml-Db/Db, Co/Co, S/S, ig/ig

The Citron(Lemon) mutation is actually the autosomal recessive cream ig.

Ig+ = Non-Citron, Wildtype found on Red Jungle Fowl. Autosomal Dominant in nature

ig = Citron/Lemon/Cream, autosomal recessive in nature and diluter of gold.

s+ = recessive sex linked gold
S = Dominant sex linked Silver

s+/s+ and ig/ig = True Citron/Lemon/Cream, both sexes carry it.

S/s+ and Ig+/ig = Golden, very similar in color to true Citron, but it does not breed true, only males can show it.

The F1 cross of Gold Laced male and Silver Laced females will be.

F1 Males: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-MI/MI-Db/Db, Co/Co, S/s+, Ig+/ig = They will look Lemon but not due to Citron, but due to Gold and Silver mixing on the same male.

F1 Females: ER/ER, Pg/Pg-MI/MI-Db/Db, Co/Co, s+/-, Ig+/ig = They will look gold because the females will only inherit their fathers sex linked gold gene and none of their dame Silver and because Ig+ is inhibiting the action of Citron.

You can input that in the Chicken Calculator to get the results of F1 x F1 crossing. You will end up with 25% true Citron.

I hope that is not too technical, I tried my best to simplify it the most I could without losing any important detail.
Thank you both very much! Its clear to me now.

As a side note, you’ll want to keep track of which males are from a silver x gold mating, they look just like pure silvers because of the hen feathering.

Back
Top Bottom