1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

City Chicken Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Sunnysimplelife, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Sunnysimplelife

Sunnysimplelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    SoCal
    My Coop
    Here is our finished enclosure. It is 40 inches wide and 13 feet long. The little hen house is an old piece of furniture we are modifying. It will be moved in this weekend. I am so proud of hubby as he did such a good job. They have been spending warm days out here. We buried chicken wire down a foot on each end. We spent about $110 for all supplies and paint. That will include the hen house. We are excited about that. Came in under our budget but we used as much scrap as we could.

[​IMG]

2. SacCityChickens

SacCityChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Sacramento Ca
    Nice job, how many chickens will be in there?

SCC

3. mcjessen

mcjessen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Coeur d Alene ID
    Very cool. Would love to see a picture of the coop converted from old furniture. Neat

4. Sunnysimplelife

Sunnysimplelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    SoCal
    My Coop
    I have four. If they are all hens then four. If any turn into roos than whatever is left. We have a sort of moveable enclosure we made of an old baby fence and chicken wire so they can be in the back yard as well. I am little nervous to leave them loose while they are so young.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by