City chickens

TJM889

Hatching
Jul 1, 2015
Hi there,

we live in St Louis City and have four chickens in our back yard. We got them for the fun of having them as pets and of course for the eggs. We bought a coop from a friend that made it for his own chickens but wanted to upgrade in size. I am currently reworking the coop doors, changing the run, sketching out plans for a feeder and looking into a watering system.

I am finishing up my Bachelors degree while my wife works full time, so progress is slow sometimes but we're getting there. The run changes will include access hatches for the watering/feed systems, sun shade and more square footage for the birds to play in.

I'm here mostly to find ideas for designs and to brainstorm problems or issues.

Thank you. I'm very excited . I have six chickens. I got them when they were only a couple days old and now they are almost 8 weeks. I just love them ! My husband built a nice chicken coop for my girls. He's not quite done yet. He has to finish the run.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Have you checked out the Coops section? There are many, styles, sizes and features. You may also like to scope out the Predator section to get tips of protecting your flock.

Thank you. I'm very excited . I have six chickens. I got them when they were only a couple days old and now they are almost 8 weeks. I just love them ! My husband built a nice chicken coop for my girls. He's not quite done yet. He has to finish the run.

You're welcome. Tell your husband I said good luck in finishing the run. :eek:)

Hi there,

we live in St Louis City and have four chickens in our back yard. We got them for the fun of having them as pets and of course for the eggs. We bought a coop from a friend that made it for his own chickens but wanted to upgrade in size. I am currently reworking the coop doors, changing the run, sketching out plans for a feeder and looking into a watering system.

I am finishing up my Bachelors degree while my wife works full time, so progress is slow sometimes but we're getting there. The run changes will include access hatches for the watering/feed systems, sun shade and more square footage for the birds to play in.

I'm here mostly to find ideas for designs and to brainstorm problems or issues.
Hi, welcome to BYC!

What breed of chickens do you have? Good luck with getting your Bachelors and re-working the coop. There are a lot of member coop build stories here that may give you some ideas:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

And if you have questions about coops/runs, you can post them here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Hope you and your wife are enjoying the new flock!

Hi, welcome to BYC!

What kind of chickens do you have? Glad to hear you are enjoying them. Nice to have a handy spouse to do the building projects.

Thanks for joining us!

Thank you. I never know how to reply on this website right. I love taking care of my chickens I've had them since May they are laying anywhere between six and seven eggs a day. I have six chickens I think only 4 are laying eggs though. It's amazing I found a way to reply right now.

Thank you. I never know how to reply on this website right. I love taking care of my chickens I've had them since May they are laying anywhere between six and seven eggs a day. I have six chickens I think only 4 are laying eggs though. It's amazing I found a way to reply right now.

You replied fine...maybe you just need more practice. Find a thread that interest you and engage in a conversation...some of the threads move really fast so that would give you lots of replying practice!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom