City dweller wanting the "little chickens"!

I think Easter Eggers are great, friendly chickens. They are a medium size hen and lay green or blueish eggs. The feed store sold them as 'Ameracauna' but I believe they are really EE's. Mine love to sit in my lap and make a purring sound when stroked. First to go to the roost at night, seem to be the leaders of the flock without any aggression.

Dot at one week and 3 months

Greetings from Kansas, EmBee1110, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Hope you find a nice quiet chicken. Good luck to you!

welcome-byc.gif
Seramas are the smallest breed of chicken, my friend has two and they are not very noisey - she has them as housepets. Of course she doesn't have a rooster. She also has silkies, she has had people mistake them for some kind of dog so that might throw your neighbors off.

I went to the local feed store on the recommendation of my vet's office. The people were very friendly and helpful! They could give solutions to my concerns and had reasonable supplies and prices for pullets. I have some good scrap plywood and will make some simple nesting boxes -- any suggestions on dimensions and style? They will be inside of a rabbit hutch wire enclosure.

And thank you all for the warm welcome and many helps in this, my first "Chicken Rodeo"!!!!! :cool:)

Back
Top Bottom