City rooster kept inside-good or bad plan?

Uh oh! I just picked up 5 guineas at the feed store. I only have one person that lives close to me and of course they live right next to me (well closer than I'd like
lol.png
). They haven't complained about 8 happy roosters yet, so I guess they won't mind...

have you checked with your neighbors to see if they would mind a rooster being around? you might be surprised! i live in the city and have 4 roo,s, all my neighbors love them!(did i get lucky or what
tongue.png
),i didnt plan to have 4, but it happened! and ive had one roo for nearly 3 yrs! and i am a chicken outlaw, i give all my neighbors eggs, & everyone is happy...especially me
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Most of my neighbors are awesome and would be cool about it, but there is one guy not too far away that turns everyone in for any little thing, and he can't be reasoned with or bribed--he just enjoys screwing with people too much!

Quote:
Most of my neighbors are awesome and would be cool about it, but there is one guy not too far away that turns everyone in for any little thing, and he can't be reasoned with or bribed--he just enjoys screwing with people too much!

if hes that bad, i wouldn't get a roo yet, roo,s can be quite loud! maybe this guy will move in the near future (wishful thinking ..huh), just get you some hens, to me , jmo, a roo wouldn't be happy living in a house or garage, and you might not like that after a while either, rooster dust & rooster droppings
sickbyc.gif
, so just try to get by with some hens, you will still get eggs
smile.png

I have ONE roo in the city but only in the winter months and he goes to a friends farm in the early spring before neighbors windows goes up LOL. He does crow around five in the morning. I only use him for stud services for my girls and only have a limite amount of time to get some fertile eggs.

I would be very careful even our city does not have anything about roosters but noise ordieance is in effect for barking dogs. Besides we live about five blocks from the hospital and one block from the busy interstate highway so its noisy at most hours of the day.

I'm surprised no one has said anything here about the ducks yet! Female ducks are quacky and loud. My khaki Campbells are totally bigmouths. The males are softer voiced.

Quote:
I never woulda guessed! I thought the drakes would be louder if anything. Anyway, I was thinking I'll have my duckpond dug by the time they get big enough to go out there, and if anyone complains, i'll just say they flew in and liked my pond and I didn't want to chase them away. Could that work? Could they actually fly away if not enclosed?

My female ducks ARE loud....and the buff duck makes the khaki sound quiet! YIKES! I would almost feel sorry for my neighbors if I hadn't been forced to listen to their stupid dogs yap and howl* every day for the last 10 years.

* every time a train goes by or a fire truck goes by the dogs go nuts. We live near a fire station AND the train tracks :ack!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom