CL Free Chickens, Would my DW KILL me?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

train2110

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
eastern New York
We have nine chickens now and we have been talking about getting more, but my DW wants to wait till spring. This seems to good to be true. There are 18 chickens, 4 fancy roos and the rest are hens...the hens are RI Reds, NH Reds, Buff Orpingtons and feather footed bantams.

Found this add this afternoon:

Date: 2011-02-05, 1:46PM EST
Reply to: sale-gdt3w-21988394**@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in fear that the chicken coop is going to collapse so I'd rather find homes for them before it happens since the main barn already came down a few days ago...assortment of brown egg layers and feather footed Bantams as well as some very fancy roosters...Also, 4 lionhead rabbits need to go too...

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 21988394**

Do you have some place large enough to quarantine them for 30 days or so? They may look healthy but could be carrying something that would wipe out your present flock. Always looks free chickens in the mouth, under the wings, feet, etc. etc. they may have mites, internal cooties, etc. Don't let "free" blind you to that. If you take them all if it a large jump over the number you have now. You need lots more space, feed, labor etc. to care for that many. It's not like you hatched or bought day old chicks and slowly get used to the sheer numbers of them. I think you're husband would give you the boot unless he agrees first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom