CL

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Two people asked me to email them some information on how to control CL. I told them I had to send it by snail mail because the paper I had written was on a computer with no internet access. Evidently they were uncomfortable sending me their snail mail because I never heard back from them. However, I do have a condensed form of the paper that has all the relevant information on it that I can email because it is on this computer. I forgot I had it. If they will get back to me I can send it to them after all.

What? This is a place for asking questions about poultry...
According to whom? This may be a surprise to you, but if you will notice, people ask about all sorts of things that have nothing whatever to do with poultry. Right now there are threads about rabbits, dogs, cats, and goats. Last time I checked rabbits, goats, dogs, or cats were not poultry.

I'm confused
I will try to unconfuse you. Two people asked me to email them some information I had that they thought would be helpful. I could not email it to them at that time but I can now. Assuming, that is, I knew where to send it. I lost their names so I cannot contact them directly. I made this post hoping they would see it and get back to me. Since I don't know who they are this is the only way I could think of to reach them. Got it?

What is CL? Are you talking about the lumps in goats? I’d definitely be curious of any information you have if that’s what you mean. If that’s not what you mean then disregard 😂
CL is caseous lymphadenitis. It shows up as lumps and abscesses in the lymph nodes of goats and sheep. If you want information on it PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I may not know everything there is to know about goats, but through no fault of my own I know a LOT about CL. No matter what anyone, and I do meant anyone, tells you it is not the knell of doom. It can be controlled and eradicated from a herd by following a few simple rules. However, it does take commitment to do so.

Again I stated that I felt bad for sourland so I did that on purpose so he could prove me wrong and we would be equal. Also fun fact: when I was a child I thought bunnies came from easter eggs lol
That's OK. I was grown before I realized vanilla wafers were not called chipmunk cookies. When I was small and we went camping we had a supply of vanilla wafers to feed to the begging chipmunks and therefore we always called them chipmunk cookies. Don't ask me why I never read the label. I couldn't tell you.

You kindly sent this paper to me last year via snail mail. It was a wonderful thoughtful read, and very encouraging.

I'd recommend anyone who has goats take Cassie up on the offer... especially if its via email and won't cost her postage.

Keep in mind that just from a post it is very difficult to tell whether a person is joking or not. For better or worse, I assume they are not and that they mean what they post.

Two people asked me to email them some information on how to control CL. I told them I had to send it by snail mail because the paper I had written was on a computer with no internet access. Evidently they were uncomfortable sending me their snail mail because I never heard back from them. However, I do have a condensed form of the paper that has all the relevant information on it that I can email because it is on this computer. I forgot I had it. If they will get back to me I can send it to them after all.
Hi Cassie,
Could you please send me whatever you have on CL. I have one goat with it and I'm concerned the chickens, who I can't keep out, will get it or spread it. I have tried formalin with limited success. Any help appreciated.
[email protected] or Pam Sloan PO Box 144 Damascus PA 18415
Thanks very much.

Back
Top Bottom