Clashing?

BusyStFarmer

Chirping
Jun 12, 2016
Massachusetts
I have a little 7.5 week rooster fighting with all of the little ladies that are his age. Is he just finding his spot in the pecking order? He doesn't even bother the laying hens because he knows he will be put in his place. All of the young ladies don't picker with each other just him and it's usually very short lived. First time dealing with a little boy and I just would like some insight.

Nothing to worry about all young chicks do this,some more then others.Cockerela can be a lot more aggressive sometimes.

Should I consider this foreshadowing of the roos temperament? His hormones haven't even hit yet so I just want to be prepared for when they do and have a plan.

This is the little culprit. I'm smitten....

Our roo starting pecking the girls very early.... Before there little tail feathers even came in he was pecking their behinds. He is normal adult and very good with the girls. He is very protective of them and eager to find treats for them when they are ranging.

Our roo starting pecking the girls very early.... Before there little tail feathers even came in he was pecking their behinds. He is normal adult and very good with the girls. He is very protective of them and eager to find treats for them when they are ranging.

That's promising! So there's hope he won't become too much of a pain.

Back
Top Bottom