CLB * Black Orp

I have learned that it's not the purity of the bird that creates a sexlink. It's the gene for barring.

Correct me if I'm wrong @The Moonshiner (and praise me if I'm right lol), but a non-barred rooster over a barred hen will produce sexlinks. Males will be barred and females won't.
That's definitely what I do with my Maran hen x non Barred boy... And it works! Mind blown that it appears to work for these, too.

I have learned that it's not the purity of the bird that creates a sexlink. It's the gene for barring. (ETA: this of course only applies to barred sexlinks)

Correct me if I'm wrong @The Moonshiner (and praise me if I'm right lol), but a non-barred rooster over a barred hen will produce sexlinks. Males will be barred and females won't.

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_130522.jpg
    IMG_20220413_130522.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 1
I have learned that it's not the purity of the bird that creates a sexlink. It's the gene for barring. (ETA: this of course only applies to barred sexlinks)

therethere.gif
yes dear. Correct as usual.

Back
Top Bottom